Thread: Courier services in SA...Fucking useless!!!!

Default Courier services in SA...Fucking useless!!!!

I've been couriering pc hardware all over SA for a long time, and as most things in SA are the service from most of them was ok to down right shocking. Then along came The Courier Guy, Started using them about 2 years ago and although it hasn't been a perfect experience, it has been a lot better than any other courier company I've used.

Now for the last 6 months, service has slowly started dropping off on their side, packages not arriving overnight even though it marked overnight and paid for overnight, packages getting mixed up and being sent to other people (Recently a Rog swift (R17 000 Monitor) was delivered to the wrong person...luckily I am an honest person!!

Now comes the latest issue. Sent down a pc to a member on my gaming, pc was rebuilt and tested for 24 hours before couriering it, it was packaged properly and in perfect condition before being sent, guy received it...opened the box and to his surprise some of the rubber pc feet have been broken off, the case side panel handle has been ripped off, so asked for photo's ect. Owner of the pc gets home sets it up, everything seems ok until he starts gaming and then the pc hard locks and resets (Pc was run for 24 hours no fault found). Now by putting 2 and 2 together I am convinced that the couriers dropped the package and possibly damaged the pc internals.

So please recommend me a courier that I can trust and won't fuck around with my business!!
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    So please recommend me a courier that I can trust and won't fuck around with my business!!
    My mate owns a courier company, ships locally and internationally. Dunno if you've ever used them before but if you want details let me know. I often use his services, though they aren't the cheapest. I've always maintained if you want to pay peanuts then expect monkeys (kinda thing).

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    My mate owns a courier company, ships locally and internationally. Dunno if you've ever used them before but if you want details let me know. I often use his services, though they aren't the cheapest. I've always maintained if you want to pay peanuts then expect monkeys (kinda thing).
    Please forward me the details bud.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Please forward me the details bud.
    You have a message and whatsapp inbound.

Yeah lost a PC to a courier co as well. Learned to go for the big couriers and insure the hell out of it. (The smaller ones subcontract the work out & then you can't tell who fk'd it up).

PCs just ship poorly I reckon. In that exact same pallet where my PC got shredded to pieces...the glassware made it just fine. Not a single glass broken.
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Yeah lost a PC to a courier co as well. Learned to go for the big couriers and insure the hell out of it. (The smaller ones subcontract the work out & then you can't tell who fk'd it up).

PCs just ship poorly I reckon. In that exact same pallet where my PC got shredded to pieces...the glassware made it just fine. Not a single glass broken.
    Having worked for one of the largest logistics companies in South Africa with a courier division I can tell you that it makes no difference. Unpopular routes are subcontracted regardless. Fragile stickers only mean something to the automated sorting machines, and only if information has been captured correctly. Yes, larger companies have tighter controls and less human/package interaction but at a premium.

Damn. Well next time I'm disassembling it and wrapping the pieces individually. I was kinda counting on the case absorbing the damage & component being OK at least...nope. Tore the PSU off the case, bent the GPU, ripped HDDs cage off the case (factory fitted non-removable cage). But the fuckin glassware makes it safe & sound...FML.
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag

i ordered some stuff from kalahari once and fedex delivered it, the box looked like someone played football with it by the time i got it

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    i ordered some stuff from kalahari once and fedex delivered it, the box looked like someone played football with it by the time i got it
    From years of packing and shipping shit to remote locations under questionable circumstances for a company I can tell you that the only way to effectively get sensitive computer equipment safely to a remote site is :

- Bubble wrap the device(s) to ensure that there are at least 3 layers of bubble wrap around the device
    - use "air pillows" Name:  Cushion_2_pocket_06.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  56.7 KB
    - Use packing foam between the sides of the box and the air pillow Name:  packaging-foam-canada.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  116.8 KB
    - Use double wall cardboard boxes Name:  double-wall-cardboard-boxes.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  6.6 KB
    - Put "Fragile GLASS Handle with care stickers on" ensure they are the IATA approved glass stickers

Then, and only then do you have a reasonable expectation of equipment arriving in one piece without any damage