Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Youtube gaming launching tomorrow

Default Youtube gaming launching tomorrow

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/you.../1100-6430014/

Google is preparing to launch YouTube Gaming, a service focusing exclusively on gaming content. YouTube Gaming contains over 25,000 dedicated game pages, supports videos as well as live streams, and will be available tomorrow, August 26, on the web and as an app.

Users can add specific games to a collection to stay up-to-date with the latest content or subscribe to a particular channel or user to receive notifications when a live-stream starts. A beta of the live streaming tools can be accessed on site.

YouTube Gaming automatically pulls gaming-related content so that user searches can be more relevant. For example, typing 'call' into the search bar will show 'Call of Duty' as opposed to 'Call Me Maybe.'

YouTube Gaming was first announced in June this year. The announcement was accompanied by statistics which showed that video games were featured highly on the list of most popular content on YouTube and in Google searches.

Last year, the Google-owned YouTube reportedly attempted to buy video game livestreaming service Twitch, but the deal ultimately fell through due to antitrust concerns. After that, online retailer Amazon stepped in to buy the platform for nearly $1 billion.
    This is AWESOME news for us!

Did a quick ping test to gaming.youtube it is going to be awesome for us saffers to reduce latency when streaming

This is great news indeed. Something I have never understood is why Twitch is so large for streaming when YouTube clearly does a better job in terms of compression. Hopefully this change can breed more change in the way people view and use YT.

and in time for Extra-Life

Twitch better make a move because, their system is getting older and slower. While Youtube has HTML5 and the ability instantly rewind, also it's more accessible. Where as Twitch has been using the same format and player for far too long now.

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    and in time for Extra-Life
    Means i gotta setup OBS all over again :/

Quote Originally Posted by _Caboose_ View Post
    Means i gotta setup OBS all over again :/
    Old Brown Sherry?

Awesome news! Twitch never really works well for me on my BitCo connection but live Youtube always works perfectly.

This is a great idea I am curios to see how it evolves.

Why is it not up yet? I signed up for them to tell me when its live, seems all you can do at the moment?

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

I wonder if our normal 10mb Telkom lines will be able to live stream with youtube now ? Or is that still a pipe dream