You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getting MS Points and Xbox Live subscriptions locally. Cheap and easily a noddy guide

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Exclamation Getting MS Points and Xbox Live subscriptions locally. Cheap and easily a noddy guide

Noddy guide for buying MS Points and Xbox Live subscriptions from: http://www.mspoints.co.za/ Note you dont need a credit card for this only a debit card or a cash deposit if you are a student. The transactions are 100% safe and I have been using them for a long time without any issues whatsoever.

1. Register your account at http://www.mspoints.co.za/ you will get a e-mail telling you to verify your details.

2. Select the amount of MS points and the specific region you want them from:

3. Select the amount of MS points you want and click on "Proceed to Checkout":

4. Then click on the "Instant EFT" image:

5. You will be taken to the Payfast website were you need to register if you haven't if you have just log in and continue:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

6. After login you will you need to check the instant payment EFT box and select the bank of choice from the drop down list:

7. After selecting the bank you will be given a reference number which you need to use when making the payment a second window will pop up with your bank of choice.

8. I made a "Pay Recipient" in my account so all I need is to enter the reference number and the amount and click on pay:

9. After the payment went through wait for about a minute then click on the payfast window again and click "Confirm Payment". Your payment will be confirmed and you will be taken back to the MS points website.

10. After that you will shortly receive a e-mail with your scanned MS points barcode:

11. Now just go under your user profile on your Xbox 360 and select redeem code and bob is your aunt twice removed.

All in all if you have already registered and gotten all the e-mails the whole process takes 5 minutes including getting your MS points and registering those points on your console.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

But if you have a credit card you can purchase MS points or Live subs here for cheaper: http://www.maximuscards.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

This thread needs to be sticky'ed. Good post dude. I prefer www.mspoints.co.za. Their assistance is almost immediately and you don't give anyone your credit card details which is a BIG bonus. It's okay if you save R10 on some international site with your credit card. But when you get that purchase notification for R10,000 by your nigerian cousin, that R10 ain't cheap anymore.
    Last edited by Neo; 21-02-2010 at 10:42 PM.
    My ignore list: growing too fast to keep updating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

Ive always used maximus and they havnt given me any hassle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I've used Maximuscards for ages. Haven't had any issues with them and they are a lot cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

i have used mspoints for my few purchases. not only do i not need a CC, i also support the local guys a little bit if only MS would realise there is a significant presence of xboxers in South Africa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by oltman View Post
    i have used mspoints for my few purchases. not only do i not need a CC, i also support the local guys a little bit if only MS would realise there is a significant presence of xboxers in South Africa
    I think M$ do realise it, but since all of us are buying XBL subscription and points "grey market" anyway, they are still making the revenue associated, while sparing the expense of actually setting up servers and support in SA. I suppose a boycott is order. I can't be bothered though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I have to say I have been avoiding the local retailers recently. I just bought Mass Effect 2 and Dantes Inferno this week and it set me back about R1200.00. Games are just way too expensive locally. For my games I have been using DVD Crave. And for MS Points I have been using maximuscards since I got my XBOX. Not 1 issue so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I've used mspoints.co.za and haven't had any problems. Checked out that maximuscards site and they are seriously cheap though! Thanks for the info guys.