Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront - Official Thread

Just saw this, Symthic has weapon stats for Battlefront too now.

Edit:

And new patch out as well, DLC too.

Interesting bit, you can now deactivate your star card power up, one thing that has always bothered me with the personal shield, is that even though it protects you from fire, you have to wait for it to go away/time out before you can shoot again, as it blocks your out going fire as well.
    So now you can enable your shield and then disable it should you need to fire quick, will be helpful for those short charges you make into enemy territory.

Last edited by VirtualForce; 22-06-2016 at 07:33 AM.

This is nice news, I think DICE isnt too bad a dev company. Hope its true though, guess we'll see. Its instant action, so no proper story though.

Death Star DLC

This looks good, I like to play those maps against the bots.

Single player skirmish / offline (Free for all, no need for Season Pass), available on the 21st of July. You can also play with a friend in this mode. You also wont be able to take of your storm strooper helmet, you SW nerds you! hehe, joking, I completely get why they should always have them on.

I like the skirmish mode, really fun. Would like to try the game without a hud.

I've seen some players on Youtube play with the HUD disabled, but never tried it. (You turn if off in the settings menu) Was a bit bored tonight and tried.
    At first its harder to aim, but you get the hang of it rather quickly, enemies further away isnt always that easy, but damn does it look amazing. You cant see you item charges for one, but it adds so much to the immersion factor.
    Its as if you see the effects of whats going on around you more. Shots that hit close to you throw up debris that I noticed much more, the weapon feels and looks much more impressive, same goes for enemy animations.

Its not something I'll play enabled most of the time, but for just a very immersive experience, its great.

Something else about Battlefront, I am not a Star Wars fan, never liked the series, but this game has lit my interest in it. Liked the last movie and looking forward to the new movie and the next Battlefront.

Battlefront with no HUD

Last edited by VirtualForce; 12-08-2016 at 11:56 PM.

[MENTION=185]VirtualForce[/MENTION] I have to applaud your effort into this thread! Sorry i dont know why iv missed it!

Im looking so forward to The Death Star! Myself and [MENTION=23109]Cappie[/MENTION] will be playing tonight on PS4. I know this game isnt ground breaking or anything, But i do enjoy the hell out of it!

You playing on PC?

There is a sale on the DLC on the PSN 40% off at the moment...

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    [MENTION=185]VirtualForce[/MENTION] I have to applaud your effort into this thread! Sorry i dont know why iv missed it!

Im looking so forward to The Death Star! Myself and [MENTION=23109]Cappie[/MENTION] will be playing tonight on PS4. I know this game isnt ground breaking or anything, But i do enjoy the hell out of it!

You playing on PC?

There is a sale on the DLC on the PSN 40% off at the moment...
    Hehehe, the funny thing is, I am not a Star Wars fan, so go figure. :P But the last movie good, I liked that.

I play on PC, but I've played very, very little the last couple of months. But I really enjoy the game, is just something different.

I've been so disappointed by this game. I pre-ordered it and had fun at the start, but then I started playing it in between CSGO and Overwatch and I just couldn't do it. The lag is just too bad, especially on any of the flight modes.I don't know if it got worse as the game went on, because I never noticed it at the start, or maybe it was from seeing the smoothness in other games. It's terrible. I jumped in on the Bespin expansion and as soon as anyone was visible to me I was dead from them, even though it takes five or six shots to take someone down. Last night I decided I would try out the new expansion which is heavily focused on space flight combat. When I took someone down it would only notify me with the points about three seconds after the person had flown past that I had actually killed them in the exchange. How is the server lag so bad. I can understand CSGO being a lot better since those have SA servers, but Overwatch is also running on European servers and that is very playable and easy to be competitive in. And all of this is while running on a 100mb fibre line. It's the last time I pre-order anything and last time I purchase any online game from EA that lacks SA servers.

Battlefront 2, early news. Nothing set though. I would have gotten it regardless of no local servers, but DICE's attitude towards us is making me think twice.