Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paragon

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Default Paragon

Epic Games today announced its newest game, Paragon. At this point, beyond the name, we know almost nothing about it.

The game's official website is now live, but you won't find much information there currently. That includes any indication of what kind of game this is--all we know for sure is that it has guns, different "hero" characters, and unlockable items.

The site teases that you can "discover a new hero each week and unlock unique in-game items." The first of these heroes is the Twinblast, which you can see in the video above. Some accompanying text states, "Go in. Both guns blazing." The "items" you can unlock sound more like perks; you can do more damage while injured, for instance, or be more effective against shields. You can choose one of these to have unlocked when you first begin playing the game.

There's little else on the site, though you can sign up for a beta test. There's no specific date for when it will begin, but Epic says Paragon is "coming to PC in early 2016."

Having parted ways the Gears of War franchise, Epic is currently at work on a new Unreal Tournament, as well as Fortnite. It also continues to develop the Unreal Engine.

We'll have more on Paragon as it's announced.
    Source

It seems you can already start unlocking stuff for the game.
    https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/list

My guess is they're jumping on the TF2/Overwatch/etc bandwagon, looking forward to seeing what it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    SourceMy guess is they're jumping on the TF2/Overwatch/etc bandwagon, looking forward to seeing what it actually is.
    Exactly what I'm thinking. Class based arena FPS is the new MOBA...

So the resent success of those arena type games it's really safe to assume that it would follow that suit. Got no problem with that. A TF2/Overwatch type game based on the Unreal 4 engine....will be awesome! I don't think it will be an FPS though, otherwise it will be cannibalizing on Unreal Tournament's market share, which I assume they would want as high as possible in the getting-really-crowded competitive gaming scene

Meh - This webpage has a redirect loop

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

[MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION] I was thinking exactly the same thing about Unreal Tournament... Its quite strange how the "arena" style FPS games have been missing for a while, and Overwatch seems to have reignited the spark...

Also agree with [MENTION=3505]DarthMol[/MENTION] these do seem to be the new MOBA... People have often wanted a first person type of "Dota" obviously a completely different game, but i like the direction its heading in...

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

I don't know where this trend of class based FPS suddenly took off though, TF2 has been out for YEARS and to my knowledge there hasn't been a recent successful one that exploded the market ? It's not like its a new genre that's just been invented, at least the MOBA's blew up.

From having TF2, we now have Overwatch / Battleborn / Paladins and now Paragon ?

So it's a third person MOBA.

Coming to PC and PS4 next year.

I watched the trailer last night at psx and I was why they showing cgi cutscene and then I wake up and find out the game actually looks like that holy shit.I really like the art style.