View Poll Results: Have you played... Guacamelee!?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it rocked!

5 45.45%
  • Yes, and it sucked!

0 0%
  • Yeah, it was OK.

2 18.18%
  • Nope

4 36.36%

Thread: Have you played... Guacamelee!?

Default Have you played... Guacamelee!?

Guacamelee

This is definitely one of my top 10 favourite games I've ever played. I can't emphasise enough how awesome the setting is, the combination of being a luchadore super hero in a world inspired by Mexican mythology is not one you'll often experience. And what an experience it is. The ending will pull at your heart strings too.

Here's my Steam recommendation for the game:
    Simply superb "metroidvania" platformer. The game oozes character and style. The platforming is tight and intuitive (a controller is seriously recommended), the art style is fantastic as well as the world it immerses you in. Once again, this is a game that knows how to use humour to make things even more enjoyable.
    The difficulty balance is perfect, as you progress in the game, not only do you gain new abilities and skills but you really learn how to use them to maximum effect. My favourite aspect of the gameplay would have to be the puzzle-like platform sequences to reach hard to find chests. You'll find this game is both a test of problem solving and dexterous skill.

Verdict: A must-play! No one should miss out on this superb game (unless of course you are irrationally prejudiced against platformers.)

a controller is seriously recommended with the keyboard and mouse its just a pain to play the game.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    a controller is seriously recommended with the keyboard and mouse its just a pain to play the game.
    I probably played about the first third of the game on keyboard since I couldn't get my controller to work with it - until I found a fix with x360ce that finally managed to enable my controller. Glad I did because in order to have full control of the dodging you really do need the controller.

I played it on PC, got it on a steam sale i think, and it was still loads of awesome!

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

It is an awesome game I first played it on pc then on the ps4 and platted it.

Finally Have An Avatar And Signature! Kwaai's Avatar

This has been in my steam library for a long time waiting to be played

After finishing Ori I was in the afterglow of its metroidvanian brilliance. Sadly, it didn't come close - after about an hour I stopped playing in utter disappointment. Dust: An Elysian Tale was much better, imho.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    After finishing Ori I was in the afterglow of its metroidvanian brilliance. Sadly, it didn't come close - after about an hour I stopped playing in utter disappointment. Dust: An Elysian Tale was much better, imho.
    I do hope they make a Dust: An Elysian Tale II
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    I do hope they make a Dust: An Elysian Tale II
    I read rumours that there might be. It had a great story, soundtrack and art. Gameplay wasn't half bad either.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--