Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mygaming low on content

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    sigh.

I posted the question there, but can anyone explain to me how a STEAM related article appears on mybroadband before Mygaming gets a whiff of it? That says enough to me about priorities
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    I've noticed that too, sometimes there's even game related content on MyBB that never makes is MyGaming at all.
    This irks me so much. This is rather alarming evidence that the overlords of MyBB doesn't value MyGaming as a platform. Yes, sure, MyBB is one of the biggest websites in the country, but MyGaming should thus be able to build off of that platform into something great. Surely someone at MyBB must still want MyGaming to grow and prosper.

Ok, so with all this complaining about the lack of content, has anyone posed a direct question to the admins of MyGaming such as [MENTION=1]admin[/MENTION], [MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION], [MENTION=13779]gr33nFIEND[/MENTION], [MENTION=1068]RazorGene[/MENTION]? And I don't mean mentioning as I just did, I mean has anyone sent them a PM or something similar to ask what's going on?
    Last edited by StaggerLee; 11-11-2015 at 08:46 AM.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post
    Ok, so with all this complaining about the lack of content, has anyone posed a direct question to the admins of MyGaming such as [MENTION=1]admin[/MENTION], [MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION], [MENTION=13779]gr33nFIEND[/MENTION], [MENTION=1068]RazorGene[/MENTION]? And I don't mean mentioning as I just did, I mean has anyone sent them a PM or something similar to ask what's going on?
    I have spoken to Jan, he is aware of what's going on, but doesn't appear to have time to address anything.

I have spoken to Jan, he is aware of what's going on, but doesn't appear to have time to address anything.
    Thanks for letting us know.

Alright, thanks.

He's a busy man, he has to update his Facebook status and keep up appearances.

Yes Jan, I have been watching you!

I must say it's very sad to see that MyBroadband got that article about the Steam prices in Rand and MyGaming had nothing. Nothing at all today.

They didn't even bother to post the same article over here. Nevermind that it's a gaming related article that belongs well at a gaming site.

At one point, the place used to be at least keeping up with content on the site with some of the former gang (Dan, Jeremy, Nic the tinman, Tarryn, Quinton, Wesley, Derrick, etc). I have a theory that the lack of content is a bit of factor (conscious or otherwise). Because if there's a perception that the backbone of content and discussion is merely the forum community, it becomes difficult for the members to feel motivated to contribute.

I mean look at it like this, when all these journos were contributing articles and features consistently, it gave the community an easy springboard for content and discussion because mygaming and it's authors were the frontiers. Being used to that, it's difficult for a community to now have that responsibility moving to them on some level, especially if they don't feel reciprocation from the myg side.

At least in my case, even with so little free time, contributing as I once used to just doesn't come to me as naturally as it used to, because I get the sense that even the writers and the peeps running the show aren't motivated themselves (no offense intended).

Props to [MENTION=82]Dohc-WP[/MENTION] for persevering better than I did in keeping the content alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Dee View Post
    contributing as I once used to just doesn't come to me as naturally as it used to
    So you're the culprit!

Yeah, it's tricky. It seems to me to be more of a case of the very few writers for MyG being spread too thin to produce enough content. Maybe crowdsourcing this sucker is the way to go? There are a few of us who get too verbose in the forums anyway, and some of us would looooooooove a soapbox more visible than the blogging feature. I, for one, would gladly write a short piece every month or so, on hardware in general or whatever game I'm playing. I don't think it's far fetched..

There hasn't been any articles posted so far today which is worrying.