Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MyGaming editorial changes since April 2015

Default MyGaming editorial changes since April 2015

Sorry for not posting this sooner. I see many of you have asked about the editorial direction of MyGaming, so here's what we've been trying out for the past few months.

For those of you who may not know, I was appointed editor of MyGaming when [MENTION=2809]James[/MENTION] left, and acted in the role until the end of March 2015.

After our April Fool's joke, we handed over the reins to Clockwork Media.

We wanted to see how it would work if we didn't do MyGaming's editorial content in-house anymore, so we hired Clockwork Media to take over that side of the site.

Clockwork Media was founded by Tom Manners and Nic Simmonds, both of whom are MyBroadband alumni.

You may also recognise Nic as [MENTION=4]Tinman[/MENTION], the first editor of MyGaming who was at the helm before James.
    [MENTION=13779]gr33nFIEND[/MENTION] (a.k.a. Timothy Biggar) is the main person working on MyGaming at Clockwork, as far as I know. He is currently on vacation.

You may have noticed that he is assisted by Teddy Cipolla and Adam Meikle, with Marco Cocomello and Jeremy Proome (also a MyGaming alumnus) still contributing on a freelance basis.

I still look after the forum (that's you guys!), and am a full-time employee at MyBroadband.

Hopefully that answers your questions about MyGaming's news side. If you'd like to know anything else, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Thanks [MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION]!

I wonder how Clockwork Media feels after the thread about MyGaming lacking content. I mean you guys are paying them and then someone complains about lack of content. I can't think that MyBroadband is very happy about this.

It's good to know what's currently going on at MyGaming though and I feel a bit better about it all.

Thank you for the information [MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION]. It's good to know what's going on with the site and the forum.

After a bit of stalking it seems this Clockwork Media has some seriously big clients under its wings. Good for them, but it seems they have forgotten about a little site called MyGaming. I don't even see any mention on their website of their involvement with MyGaming. Is it supposed to be a secret of something?

Hopefully #MyGamingGate can accomplish something great, and the site can grow from this. The voices of the dissatisfied masses has been heard, and we can only hope change will come. #LackOfContentMustFall

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Thanks [MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION]!

I wonder how Clockwork Media feels after the thread about MyGaming lacking content. I mean you guys are paying them and then someone complains about lack of content. I can't think that MyBroadband is very happy about this.

It's good to know what's currently going on at MyGaming though and I feel a bit better about it all.
    I can answer that!

There was recently a slump in output due to some internal capacity issues. We are dealing with this at the moment, and all I can say is that the lack is not due laziness or apathy on anyone's part - I have personally investigated the team's performance over this issue.

I think it's important for you guys to know that we have a team that is passionate about gaming, and passionate about the site. It's also important to remember that nobody is perfect at their jobs, but I can tell you that the people working on the site do have the best possible intentions. All we can do right now is take your feedback on board, and try to adjust course to ensure we accommodate the needs of MyGaming's audience, which we are doing.

We have a very good and open relationship with the MyBroadband team, and I would like you guys as community members to also feel free to share your feedback and suggestions about how to manage the editorial section of the website. If you tag me on here, I promise that I will always read your feedback and respond when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Thank you for the information [MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION]. It's good to know what's going on with the site and the forum.

After a bit of stalking it seems this Clockwork Media has some seriously big clients under its wings. Good for them, but it seems they have forgotten about a little site called MyGaming. I don't even see any mention on their website of their involvement with MyGaming. Is it supposed to be a secret of something?

Hopefully #MyGamingGate can accomplish something great, and the site can grow from this. The voices of the dissatisfied masses has been heard, and we can only hope change will come. #LackOfContentMustFall
    We may have bigger clients, but MyGaming is my personal favourite... I often wish I could go back to spending my entire working week writing about games. Who knows, maybe one day :P

As for the content output, this issue is being resolved as we speak. Please bear with us as there are various complexities.

Hi [MENTION=4]Tinman[/MENTION]. It's good to see you again. It's been ages! You've done really well for yourself. Very impressive indeed.

Thanks for your comment and letting us know what's going on. You know how things go. Everything will look all fine without any real complaints and then BAM everyone is suddenly posting and raising their concerns.

I know what you've done at MyGaming in the past and I know you will lead your group of people to give MyGaming the articles that it deserves. It's good to know that we have someone that we can give feedback to.

[MENTION=4]Tinman[/MENTION], thanks for updating us. I am glad to hear that MyGaming is not forgotten and gone, but I can understand the pressures your team must be under. Dealing with as big clients as you are, it's almost a given that smaller publications will suffer to some extent. I see it happening in our business as well

What I am glad about is that all the frustration and uncertainty has been aired and mentioned, most have said their piece and given their opinions, and from here we can only grow. I look forward to what you and your team has to offer for our pokey little corner of the internet!

[MENTION=4]Tinman[/MENTION], thanks for updating us. I am glad to hear that MyGaming is not forgotten and gone, but I can understand the pressures your team must be under. Dealing with as big clients as you are, it's almost a given that smaller publications will suffer to some extent. I see it happening in our business as well

What I am glad about is that all the frustration and uncertainty has been aired and mentioned, most have said their piece and given their opinions, and from here we can only grow. I look forward to what you and your team has to offer for our pokey little corner of the internet!
    Basically what you said. You've got a way with words.

Indeed, I have read all of the posts from the other thread, and the discontent is totally valid. There never should have been a slump in content... all I can say is that running an always-on publication for a relatively niche audience in South Africa is tricky for various reasons... we are looking at a few options and I am confident we will get the content production back to where it needs to be.

[MENTION=4]Tinman[/MENTION] - it's great to know that you guys are taking this on board and taking it as constructive criticism, I don't think anyone has attacked you, the team or the site. Thanks for clearing some of this up and nice to know you guys haven't lost interest in out little corner of the internet.

What I do think though is you (or staff) need to try and maintain an online presence and personality. Be little more involved. I think that little bit will go a long way.