View Poll Results: Have you played... F.E.A.R. 3?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it rocked!

7 36.84%
  • Yes, and it sucked!

2 10.53%
  • Yeah, it was OK.

4 21.05%
  • Nope

6 31.58%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have you played...F.E.A.R. 3?

Default Have you played...F.E.A.R. 3?

Unlike most horror games, the best way to experience F.E.A.R 3 is not all by yourself. In fact I wouldn't really recommend this as a single player game - but as a co-op experience it is truly awesome.

The campaign can be played through as a 2 player co-op, one of you is the Point Man (the protagonist from the first F.E.A.R) and the other player is Paxton Fettel (the antagonist of the first F.E.A.R). As Point Man you pretty much run and shoot as usual but also have the slow-mo ability. As Fettel, you can possess enemy soldiers, using their guns and their bodies as meat-shields. You also have some telekinetic abilities, throwing objects, lifting soldiers, "force-choke" (and your partner can shoot them while you grip them in the air).

The shootouts are a great deal of fun and the game is at its best when the action is frenetic. The horror/scare moments become more of a distraction in this game. I'm fine with that though, it's the action that I'm here for.

The real highlight though are two of the 4 player co-op modes. F**kin Run! and Contractions.
    In F**kin Run you have a wall of death coming up behind you that you have to escape from. In your way are soldiers/mutants/APC's etc. and so you have to kill them in the most efficient way while never stopping moving. This game mode is tense and will get your adrenaline flowing. It's a blast!

Contractions is a round-based horde mode, but one that ramps up the difficulty nicely so that the tension is always there in trying to get through each round. Also, Alma appears every now and then, accidentally shooting or even looking at her can result in you being blinded for a few precious seconds or getting teleported out into the midst of the attacking forces.

F.E.A.R. 3 has provided me with some of the most tense and entertaining 4 player co-op I've ever played. I highly recommend it... but only if you are not alone...

I only played the first one. that was all my nerves could handle.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

The first one was amazing. The second one was okay. The third one is a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    The first one was amazing. The second one was okay. The third one is a piece of shit.
    I've always wanted to try the 3rd one co-op

What I can remember from F.E.A.R was that it was this incredible game that was the cutting edge of graphics at that time. It was the first game that pioneered the "yes but can it run ....." for all PC gamers. Or well that's what I remembered from the game.

I completed the series of all three games, and F.3.A.R was by far the worst in the bunch. Wasn't a particular bad game, I still enjoyed my time with it, but it was just so much more "meh" than the other two.

LOVED the first one, including the (apparently not canon) expansions. The first one to me still has the best A.I. I've encountered in a game. Even if its biased due to the voice prompts etc, the soldiers felt real and reacted really nicely to the changes in the battle. This was not reproduced in 2nd and I barely played 10 minutes before being utterly bored by it...

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    Me too...got 3 in a bundle and I've been on the lookout for a super cheap price on 3rd to get on the co-op pc next to me

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    Absolutely this.

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    Maybe we should organise, I wouldn't mind a few rounds of f**king run or the contractions.

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    Me too...got 3 in a bundle and I've been on the lookout for a super cheap price on 3rd to get on the co-op pc next to me
    I've got a extra humble bundle key for it if you'd like. Only condition is that you join Malice and I for a few rounds of coop at some stage
    Last edited by DarthMol; 23-11-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMol View Post
    Maybe we should organise, I wouldn't mind a few rounds of f**king run or the contractions.

I've got a extra humble bundle key for it if you'd like. Only condition is that you join Malice and I for a few rounds of coop at some stage
    I can't say no to that... can you be more than 2 for co-op? o_0 sounds awesome

I'm ALWAYS keen to co-op games, be it risk of rain, payday, PoE, BL2, L4D2, ...hell, even squadding together in BF3 or BF4 (half-decent chopper pilot, always wanna gunner)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMol View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    I can't say no to that... can you be more than 2 for co-op? o_0 sounds awesome

I'm ALWAYS keen to co-op games, be it risk of rain, payday, PoE, BL2, L4D2, ...hell, even squadding together in BF3 or BF4 (half-decent chopper pilot, always wanna gunner)
    no as far as I know it's only 2-player co-op cause you play as the 2 brothers (I assume they're brothers)