Thread: Uplifting Game Moments

Default Uplifting Game Moments

uplifting [ʌpˈlɪftɪŋ]
    adjective
    morally or spiritually elevating; inspiring happiness or hope.
    So what I'm talking about here is a moment in a game that you experienced that just "lifted your soul" or made you really happy. It's more than just a great moment in the game but rather something that impacted you and stands as a memorable moment.

One of these moments for me was a combination of the game I was playing but also complemented by a dream I had has a kid.
    The game was Super Mario Galaxy - a superb game that in many ways reminded me of the child-like joy of video games. The moment is when you get the red star power up which enables you to fly around the observatory planetoid, while you soar through the air some epic music plays really setting the tone. What really made this an uplifting moment is that I once had a dream where I could fly and the most memorable part was flying low over the long veld grass, brushing my hands over the long strands as I would dive past. The moment in the game triggered the memory of my childhood dream made this moment extra special and uplifting.

So, yeah, I may be weird but I wondered, have any of you experienced uplifting moments in games?

I'm pretty sure I have but just can't put my finger on one single moment now.

Fable comes to mind...

Name:  6e3bd014441e4977e3c1daafee06f4160268691cfde3224ef4944ef0c64f82f5.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  135.2 KB
    True Story
    Last edited by Flex; 25-11-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Name:  6e3bd014441e4977e3c1daafee06f4160268691cfde3224ef4944ef0c64f82f5.jpg
Size:  135.2 KBName:  6e3bd014441e4977e3c1daafee06f4160268691cfde3224ef4944ef0c64f82f5.jpg
Size:  135.2 KB
    True Story
    So impacting you had to mention it twice.

[SELAH]

Only games I can really recall of recent years that left me with some emotional highs were Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Ori and the Blind Forest. I love a game that leaves you with a slightly teary eye afterwards. Dust: An Elysian Tale came close, but the emotion wasn't as strong as in the 2 aforementioned titles.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    So impacting you had to mention it twice.

[SELAH]

Only games I can really recall of recent years that left me with some emotional highs were Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Ori and the Blind Forest. I love a game that leaves you with a slightly teary eye afterwards. Dust: An Elysian Tale came close, but the emotion wasn't as strong as in the 2 aforementioned titles.
    Hahah Damn browser :/

So, for the pure uplifting nature of the games, I have a few answers to this:

1. Croc 2
    WAAAAYYYY back when I played Croc 2 during a particular difficult time in my life. It was one of those games that just took me away from everything negative and bad of the world and instantly. The music was tranquil, the game was casual and fun, very basic and pretty much aimed at kids, but man did I enjoy it so much. Few months ago I actually got nostalgic and watched a full let's play of Croc 2. After watching the videos for about 3 hours I remembered why I loved it so.

2. Operations Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
    I never finished the story or any of the scenarios the game gave. What I did do, was spent countless of hours in the Mission Editor, making my own missions and later on even full out wars. I spent more hours in edit mode than actually in the game, and it was super therapeutic to me. For some missions you could edit the journal by writing your own HTML files for it. This game was the reason why I taught myself HTML.

3. Skyrim
    I've mentioned before that I played the game as if I was living in the world. I got myself a nice house, got married, and I lived off of the land. I would run around hunting wildlife for pelts and food, craft and sold my goods for income, and do the odd bounty for additional income as well. This gave me an unconventional state of happiness, and I got lost in the world and the lore

Borderlands 2 so I got on this thing called an elevator dam what an uplifting expience that was then I jumped off when I was at the top and I freaking survived.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Beating the fire dog in Bloodborne in the chalice dungeons solo.Its one of the best games I ever played.The combat is amazing fast paced and skillful.

Quote Originally Posted by XbatousaiX View Post
    Beating the fire dog in Bloodborne in the chalice dungeons solo.Its one of the best games I ever played.The combat is amazing fast paced and skillful.
    Much respect. That dog ain't no walk in the park.