Thread: Don't be ashamed of your gaming backlog

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Default Don't be ashamed of your gaming backlog

Don't be ashamed of your gaming backlog

A growing, if indomitable, library of untouched or otherwise incomplete games, is a fairly common occurrence and pretty well the norm these days.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.
    Trophies Gift of giving Reputation precedes them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Good article!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Nice Article!
    I'm clearing up my backlog slowly but surely!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

My backlog is the reason I hardly buy new games anymore. Also maybe if I actually played more games instead of talking about them I could actually get somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Imp_ZA View Post
    My backlog is the reason I hardly buy new games anymore. Also maybe if I actually played more games instead of talking about them I could actually get somewhere.
    So, so true...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete.

I've kind of adopted this philosophy now. I buy games when I feel like playing them - I bought Trackmania 2 Stadium during the Steam sale that's still on, because I was in the mood for a fast racer. It only cost my ~R50 and I already got a couple of hours enjoyment from it. Price / hour already made it cheaper than going out for a movie and I'm sure I'll play it again some more, even if I only end up unlocking alk the tracks with a silver medal.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    I've kind of adopted this philosophy now. I buy games when I feel like playing them - I bought Trackmania 2 Stadium during the Steam sale that's still on, because I was in the mood for a fast racer. It only cost my ~R50 and I already got a couple of hours enjoyment from it. Price / hour already made it cheaper than going out for a movie and I'm sure I'll play it again some more, even if I only end up unlocking alk the tracks with a silver medal.
    Good man. That's exactly the way to go about it. Trackmania is fairly addictive though, so I'm sure it's dug its way into your skull and will be calling you back soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gr33nFIEND View Post
    Good man. That's exactly the way to go about it. Trackmania is fairly addictive though, so I'm sure it's dug its way into your skull and will be calling you back soon.
    I buy games that are on my wishlist that are on a great special or at the top of my wishlist on a good special.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/solitudesa/wishlist

I then add this game to my backlog of Absolute Awesomsauce of which at any given time I play the game that I feel like the most. If I feel like playing a certain game then I can just pick one and play it. I don't think there are better organised backlogs than mine but I may be wrong.

Backlog of Absolute Awesomesauce

It looks like I will have played about 50 games this year and have acquired less so maybe if I die at the age of 666 I would finally finish the backlog of Absolute Awesomesauce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I'm going to try and make a dent or at least a scratch in my backlog this December.