Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I bought a Game Key from www.mmogamers.co.za in 2011 but the shop went bust. What now?

Question I bought a Game Key from www.mmogamers.co.za in 2011 but the shop went bust. What now?

Hey team,

I'm trying to get back into my swtor account, but I don't have an authenticator on my phone anymore and I also don't have my original game keycode.

I bought the game on www.mmogamers.co.za (owned by Jared) back in 2011 but it seems it has gone bust since, so I have no way of retrieving the code off their site.

EA's customer service is also crappy and the only way to contact them is to phone their international call centre during office hours.

Does anyone have any ties with mmogamers or know how I can get around this? Otherwise I'm effectively throwing my founders account in the bin.

Any email correspondence? Emailed invoices something like that?
    T A N S T A A F L

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    Any email correspondence? Emailed invoices something like that?
    Got all of that. None of it includes the code. The code remains on your online profile with the shop...which no longer exists.

Is the game on Origin? I've had nothing but great experiences contacting their live support team. Try and find those emails as [MENTION=2399]czc[/MENTION] said, and EA should be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Imp_ZA View Post
    Is the game on Origin? I've had nothing but great experiences contacting their live support team. Try and find those emails as [MENTION=2399]czc[/MENTION] said, and EA should be able to help you.
    Origin has been migrated to EA. It only has my BF games on there.

The issue is that their CS is only contactable via telephone during office hours on international lines. Which sucks balls...unless you contact them via ingame chat...which brings me back to square 1.

Damn, I thought you could use the invoice to prove that you bought the game, kind of when you recover a hacked steam account.
    T A N S T A A F L

Quote Originally Posted by Voicy View Post

The issue is that their CS is only contactable via telephone during office hours on international lines. Which sucks balls...unless you contact them via ingame chat...which brings me back to square 1.
    You can't call them via Skype?

Ichigo Ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    You can't call them via Skype?
    Not without skype credit.

Anyway, I just called their international line on my cell phone... "your waiting time is approximately 15 minutes". Yeah...no.

It'll cost me FAR less to just re buy the game and pay someone to level me up than to just wait to get through to CS, let alone get my account back.

Not without skype credit.

Anyway, I just called their international line on my cell phone... "your waiting time is approximately 15 minutes". Yeah...no.

It'll cost me FAR less to just re buy the game and pay someone to level me up than to just wait to get through to CS, let alone get my account back.
    Oh ok thought they would at least have a toll free number like other companies do.

Ichigo Ftw

Well now I'm confused. Origin is EA. It's their distribution service, like Steam is Valve's. I don't understand what you're referring to by saying that they've been migrated?

So you can't contact them by going here?

------------------------------------

They even have a twitter support account.
    Last edited by The_Imp_ZA; 03-12-2015 at 06:17 PM.