Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Tomb Raider gets its PC release date

Default Rise of the Tomb Raider gets its PC release date

Rise of the Tomb Raider gets its PC release date

Rise of the Tomb Raider is lined up for a release on PlayStation 4 in Q4 of 2016, but the PC version looks to be releasing much sooner than expected.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Neat. Has anyone played this yet? Is it as good/better than the previous one?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    Neat. Has anyone played this yet? Is it as good/better than the previous one?
    I've played it yes, and I have to say it's truly amazing. Gameplay is super fun and the game is absolutely gorgeous. It's a damn shame it's launch was done so poorly, otherwise it would've been up for GOTY prizes all over the show. In fact, I may want to change my own personal GOTY to Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    I've played it yes, and I have to say it's truly amazing. Gameplay is super fun and the game is absolutely gorgeous. It's a damn shame it's launch was done so poorly, otherwise it would've been up for GOTY prizes all over the show. In fact, I may want to change my own personal GOTY to Rise of the Tomb Raider.
    Cool. I loved the last one. Never really played the older ones but I thought the reboot was fantastic. I hope I'll enjoy this one just as much.

Cool. I loved the last one. Never really played the older ones but I thought the reboot was fantastic. I hope I'll enjoy this one just as much.
    The new one is a lot in the same vein than the reboot, so you should enjoy it I believe. There are much more actual tombs in the new one, the graphics are much better, the crafting and skills system is much more robust, and the story is very well written.

AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm not convinced about the date though. Xbone is supposed to have exclusivity for a full year.

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post
    AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm not convinced about the date though. Xbone is supposed to have exclusivity for a full year.
    It's got console exclusivity, but the PC release was always to be shipped way before the PS4 version, so that date may not be too unrealistic.

shame on you, en hier dink ek jy het alles gespeel al

try to get the legend trilogy, it was pretty damn good, legend doesnt look as great anymore, but the gameplay is still solid and you can finish it within 6 hours but both anniversary and underworld still holds up graphically and are amazing titles to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    shame on you, en hier dink ek jy het alles gespeel al

try to get the legend trilogy, it was pretty damn good, legend doesnt look as great anymore, but the gameplay is still solid and you can finish it within 6 hours but both anniversary and underworld still holds up graphically and are amazing titles to play.
    I probably have them in my library, but I have so much to go through, and lots of stuff I'm way more interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    It's got console exclusivity, but the PC release was always to be shipped way before the PS4 version, so that date may not be too unrealistic.
    It may ship earlier than the PS4 version, but I think mid-January is way too early without an announcement having already been made. I guess we'll know soon enough.