Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MyGaming Brute Force Competition 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Cool MyGaming Brute Force Competition 2016

Last year we had a little competition to generate some new threads here at MyGaming. It's often times easier to reply to threads than to create new ones and this often leads to a fairly quiet forum. DarthMol and MalicE were the only people to make it to the end of the competition and the eventual winner was DarthMol in a random draw.

This year things will work a little differently. The goal is to create one new thread a week. However it can't be a news post. Example of a news post:
    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...Christmas-quot
    Dohc does a really great job with that but it's not what I'm looking for with this competition.

The thread that you create can be anything else though but try and generate discussion. Whether it's a thread for your favourite game:
    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...tcher-3-thread
    Or a thread about some gaming topic:
    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...nd-this-is-why
    Or even an Off Topic thread:
    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...073-Loot-Crate
    They will all count.

The prize is a gift voucher of some kind to the value of R500. Currently it's a choice between a Makro or a Checkers voucher but this may change towards the end of the year. Maybe I will be able to give the winner a choice.

If you wish to enter please post in this thread that you want to participate. Entries close on the 18th of January when it will start.

Only people with 100 posts or more may enter.

A week starts on a Monday. I will check every week to see whether all the participants created a thread. There's no need to post your entries anymore.

I am the organiser of this competition and my word is law. If I disqualify someone then my word counts. I won't be unfair though. I mean the whole idea is to create discussion not have fights and things.

The competition ends 27 November 2016. After which the draw will happen shortly after. I will ask an admin here to do the draw and if they won't then I'll do it using a random number generator.

The competition will only commence if we have at least 5 participants.

This competition is not affiliated with MyGaming and they won't be sponsoring the prize. Don't bother MyGaming admin and mods with this.

If you are going on holiday and can't post then please let me know beforehand and you will be required to create threads before you go on holiday.

Hopefully that's everything. May this be an awesome year for MyGaming!

Participants
    @DarthMol
    @Flex

Fallen Out of Contention
    @Jaco Smit
    @BeoTeK
    @DieGrootHammer
    @MalicE
    @PsychoFish
    @Donisia
    @Blazzok
    @MetalSoup
    @czc
    @GregRedd
    Last edited by Solitude; 18-05-2016 at 06:16 AM.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.
    Trophies Gift of giving Reputation precedes them

I'm in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.) Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

May i try this out? (Unofficially) I'm not very good with wording articles or anything but id like to try help the MyGaming community get some more activity Also mine will probably be more aimed at off topic

*meaning i wont be entering for le g.p*
    Last edited by Donisia; 01-01-2016 at 06:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post

I'm in.
    Name:  mr-burns-excellent-desktop-hd-wallpaper.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  142.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Donisia View Post
    May i try this out? (Unofficially) I'm not very good with wording articles or anything but id like to try help the MyGaming community get some more activity Also mine will probably be more aimed at off topic

*meaning i wont be entering for le g.p*
    You underestimate yourself! And even if you aim for off topic you are now officially entered for le g.p.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

I'm in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

I'll give it a shot.
    T A N S T A A F L

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.) Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Name:  mr-burns-excellent-desktop-hd-wallpaper.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  142.0 KB

You underestimate yourself! And even if you aim for off topic you are now officially entered for le g.p.
    Id rather not have the entry as i may not be able to post every week, do we start posting this week?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Donisia View Post
    Id rather not have the entry as i may not be able to post every week, do we start posting this week?
    Nope, only from the 18th of January. And if you do not post a week then you just fall out of the competition. Last year most people fell out. Some very quickly. So rather take the chance of winning something than not taking the chance at all. You'll see, one a week isn't that bad. You can start making a list of thread ideas now and then just pick one a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Last year we had a little competition to generate some new threads here at MyGaming. It's often times easier to reply to threads than to create new ones and this often leads to a fairly quiet forum. DarthMol and MalicE were the only people to make it to the end of the competition and the eventual winner was MalicE in a random draw.
    Slight correction - I was the winner...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMol View Post
    Slight correction - I was the winner...
    Eish my apologies. I thought DarthMol and wrote MalicE. Fixed. Also you are welcome to enter again.