Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Are you a DIY Person ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    aah Ok awesome that is a good price. Next time go check out http://pudlo.co.za/ They are based in Salt River and they are awesome. I paid up to 1/2 price of ctm prices for some stuff at pudlo and they have a small walkin shop you can visit.

Also I hope you are planning on using a dark grey/black grout - will make the tiles look amazing
    Cool when i do the bathroom i'll check them out, im still deciding on the colour scheme and layout for the bathroom at the moment.

whats nice about CTM is that they are a stone throw away from me and they're open on sundays if i need stuff

The grout and stuffs is worth it from ctm, but tiles I would get at pudlo they really impressed me

progress report, its getting there (and yes that wall is straight the photo just came out weird)

Name:  IMG_3051.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  311.7 KB

also bought one of these usb wall sockets (it was cheap so i had to get one)

Name:  IMG_3068.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  87.9 KB

Nice one! Looking great dohcie!

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    progress report, its getting there (and yes that wall is straight the photo just came out weird)

Make sure to check the output of that 5V. A lot of the cheaper power supplies will have poorly regulated power, I had a cheap charger that would make my touch screen input be jumpy and nearly random.

Does this constitute as DIY?

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post

Name:  IMG_3051.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  311.7 KB

Wow that is cheap the prices I have seen are more in the line of R200
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Nice one! Looking great dohcie!
    Thanks Wyfie

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    Make sure to check the output of that 5V. A lot of the cheaper power supplies will have poorly regulated power, I had a cheap charger that would make my touch screen input be jumpy and nearly random.
    it seems to be SABS approved so hopefully its good.

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    Wow that is cheap the prices I have seen are more in the line of R200
    Indeed, thats why i had to buy one, builders wants R375 for a similiar one

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Does this constitute as DIY?

*missing Grumpy cat Smiley* NO

I'm an artist (also a writer, but not relevant) who mostly works in metal-sculpting, so I know my way around an angle-grinder

I've done custom work on things like bathroom sinks, special wall-fittings for light switches (much more elaborate than it sounds), lamps and such, so I'm pretty handy, but I wouldn't say I could "fix" anything. Your mileage may vary on just how "DIY" I actually am, but if it sounds fun or interesting, I'm up for the challenge.

My most recent build was a custom doggy-house (mostly wood, so the pooch won't be getting skewered, don't worry)!

Sjoe, takealot has that switch socket for R259

http://www.takealot.com/single-switc...r/PLID42174822
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU