Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 982

Thread: The Division Thread

  1. #461
    Party time! Excellent! MalicE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The mother city
    Posts
    16,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    how does it affect your guns?

    I know I normally favour a gears stat perks over its defense, if it's higher in tech for example. But doesn't gear just affect those three perks (med/tech/security)?
    yes but you need to look bottom right to the gear attributes. some of them favour certain weapon types

  2. #462
    There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    11,006

    Default


  3. #463

    Default

    Yeah have to agree with Jim. It's not a bad game but for me it does get a bit repetitive. It would have been excellent if they did the missions like the ones in the secret world and add a couple of puzzle solving/investigation missions.

  4. #464

    Default

    For anyone that likes concept art, have a look at this games! They are amazingly details and descriptive.

  5. #465

    Default

    2 Hour downtime, stating at 8AM South Africa TZ.

    Had a ton of fun with friends last night. It turns out that when you do major missions together, the mobs scale to level of the highest character in group. We had level 7/7/8/10 in our group and it was HARD since all the mobs were level 10s and it was on hard difficulty.

    All I can say is, all 4 having turrets helped a lot. For some reason melee mobs just HAVE to hit the turrets first, before players, makes for interesting tactics, creating choke points with turrets and fire alleys for anyone who is playing sniper.

    Playing a healer/support is very challenging as you have to time your heals right since its AoE based and people move around a lot ;-).

    Great game, love the tactical play, especially when you figure out how the AI works.

    Some random combat tips:

    1. Mobs have icons next to their names this dictates what they do most of the time.
    2. Grenadiers: shoot the satchel on their hips, BOOM, dead grenadier. Also, suppress them to keep them out of action.
    3. Cleaners: the tanks on their backs make for great sniper targets.
    4. Snipers: when you see the light, duck.
    5. Melee mobs: turrets are your friends
    6. Incendiary bullets make for a great distraction to keep mobs busy while you give them lead poisoning.
    7. LMGs make for amazing guns to use while blind firing from cover (just shoot and dont look over cover)
    Last edited by Shrike; 10-03-2016 at 08:10 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ___
    My 9 year old asked me "What should I be when I grow up daddy?"
    I answered, "Happy".

  6. #466

    Default

    Played some on PC last night, really enjoying it (also played betas).

    Funny enough I had to stand in a line in game to get to a laptop was quite funny.
    If that happens to any new player just quit to main menu and re-enter the game
    and it should spawn you in a different server.

    Im playing with the steam controller, seems to play well with it especially with gyro activated.
    I will see how it goes though.

  7. #467
    Party time! Excellent! MalicE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The mother city
    Posts
    16,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    2 Hour downtime, stating at 8AM South Africa TZ.

    Had a ton of fun with friends last night. It turns out that when you do major missions together, the mobs scale to level of the highest character in group. We had level 7/7/8/10 in our group and it was HARD since all the mobs were level 10s and it was on hard difficulty.

    All I can say is, all 4 having turrets helped a lot. For some reason melee mobs just HAVE to hit the turrets first, before players, makes for interesting tactics, creating choke points with turrets and fire alleys for anyone who is playing sniper.

    Playing a healer/support is very challenging as you have to time your heals right since its AoE based and people move around a lot ;-).

    Great game, love the tactical play, especially when you figure out how the AI works.

    Some random combat tips:

    1. Mobs have icons next to their names this dictates what they do most of the time.
    2. Grenadiers: shoot the satchel on their hips, BOOM, dead grenadier. Also, suppress them to keep them out of action.
    3. Cleaners: the tanks on their backs make for great sniper targets.
    4. Snipers: when you see the light, duck.
    5. Melee mobs: turrets are your friends
    6. Incendiary bullets make for a great distraction to keep mobs busy while you give them lead poisoning.
    7. LMGs make for amazing guns to use while blind firing from cover (just shoot and dont look over cover)
    I target those bastards first. Those smoke grenades are bloody annoying. I found a Sticky Bomb to the head to be very effective

  8. #468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Played some on PC last night, really enjoying it (also played betas).

    Funny enough I had to stand in a line in game to get to a laptop was quite funny.
    If that happens to any new player just quit to main menu and re-enter the game
    and it should spawn you in a different server.

    Im playing with the steam controller, seems to play well with it especially with gyro activated.
    I will see how it goes though.
    LOL, i jumped the queue and squeezed my way in front of the guy that was first in line.

  9. #469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus086 View Post
    LOL, i jumped the queue and squeezed my way in front of the guy that was first in line.
    Yeah, I've never experienced over populated servers or hubs.


    Also quite funny and worth a watch/laugh


  10. #470

    Default

    To those worried about the solo vs group situation, since i also tend to be a very casual gamer and don't always get into serious grouping/raiding type of stuff these days , this game actually make grouping such a casual/easy affair...i'm now convinced to do all the missions in a group.


    I like how you just walk up to the mission "entrance" and right there just select "quick matchmake" and off you go with random players. Obviously it is always better with friends, so with randoms it will always happens where they just quit mid-mission or stand around doing nothing. Fortunately, unlike more technical MMOs (with all these coordinated jumping around with tanking+healer etc) , this game is still pretty straight forward in terms of "what to do in the group" .

    I can see it can get very tactical on higher difficulty, where coordination will be key, but for the more casual player like myself, i have found the normal difficulty mission quite agreeable with random players. Especially even mini-bosses seems to be pretty predictable in terms of how you kill them (shooting them in the head works).

    I am coming straight out of a lengthy stint with Destiny...i must admit, Destiny got a more satisfying , almost Diablo like, gunplay+time to kill thing going which i'm not yet feeling with Division. As Jim also mentions in that video above, Division often becomes a case of "who can reload the fastest", where you would literally stand in front of the enemy and both of you are busy reloading multiple times to get the kill. Destiny in contrast, head-shots = one-shot kill , which is actually very addictive and satisfying. Division have almost none of that (i guess hitting barrels/explosives might do something, but that is situational) , head-shot just do a crit hit, certainly don't kill...(much like WoW don't have headshots).

    So i guess the long term repercussions of the time-to-kill remains to be seen. Destiny however, due to the instant kill thing, also throws much larger "waves" of enemies at you of easily 10+ per wave/room which does tend to devolve into a mass genocide thing (which has its own problems), whereas so far Division has to keep it real with smaller waves of say 3-4 enemies per time max.

    I'm also trying to get to grips with the loot, admittedly it is actually more interesting (contrary to some reviews) than Destiny loot (especially since they split the "what you look like" and "your gear with stats" into seperate sections). Although admittedly i've been picking up a ton of jackets that looks all the same to me, all brown/grey , i'm sure the more vibrant colours will be more rare or something but i think Ubisoft can work on that just so that we all don't look the same.

    The UI is still confusing the hell out of me. Half the time i can't tell if i picked something up or should i have been doing an "Press X to loot all" thing....no idea why some loot needs to picked up and others are just autolooted.
    Last edited by diabolus; 10-03-2016 at 09:16 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Get your free Division Beta Key [PC]
    By Isengard in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-02-2016, 09:43 AM
  2. The Official The Division thread
    By Keepa34 in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 04:32 PM
  3. The Division is heading to PC
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 23-01-2014, 12:24 PM
  4. Tom Clancy's The Division
    By Cronus086 in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-07-2013, 09:07 PM
  5. StarCraft 2 Achievement Thread (AKA Boasting thread)
    By _Caboose_ in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-07-2010, 10:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •