Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quantum Break Is No Longer Xbox-Exclusive, Will Hit PC On The Same Day

Default Quantum Break Is No Longer Xbox-Exclusive, Will Hit PC On The Same Day

We already knew that Quantum Break would be hitting the Xbox One in April. But the next game from the creators of Max Payne is also coming to Windows, too. And if you pre-order the console version, you can get Quantum Break on PC for free.

Even better for console owners, Remedy Entertainment’s much-loved Alan Wake titles will be landing Microsoft’s newest game machine too, for no extra charge if you pre-order. Here are the details from Microsoft’s announcement:

Alan Wake Included with Quantum Break for Xbox One; American Nightmare Available with Pre-Order

Two of Remedy Entertainment’s most popular and critically-acclaimed classics – Alan Wake and Alan Wake’s American Nightmare – are now part of the Quantum Break experience. Every copy of Quantum Break for Xbox One will come with a full-game download for Alan Wake for Xbox 360, plus its two add-on packs, The Signal and The Writer, playable on Xbox One via Backward Compatibility. Fans who pre-order Quantum Break for Xbox One at participating retailers or through the Xbox Store will also receive a full-game download of Alan Wake’s American Nightmare for Xbox 360.

Pre-Order Quantum Break for Xbox One to Receive the Windows 10 Version at No Additional Cost

Xbox wants to empower gamers to play the games they want with the people they want on the devices they want, so Microsoft Studios and Remedy Entertainment will launch Quantum Break on Windows 10 simultaneously with the Xbox One version onApril 5, 2016. Anyone who pre-orders the Xbox One digital version of Quantum Break through the Xbox Store, purchases an Xbox One digital token at participating retailers, or pre-orders an Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break bundle, will receive the Windows 10 version of the game downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code.*

The existence of backwards-compatible Alan Wake games isn’t a total surprise since those titles were amongst the ones that leaked out last weekend alongside Red Dead Redemption. It’s not quite the new game that Alan Wake fans have been hoping for but a great way to experience those games for those who haven’t played them.

Source: Kotaku

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Neat, I always knew it would come to PC, just not that soon. The question now is whether the game is actually going to be any good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    Neat, I always knew it would come to PC, just not that soon. The question now is whether the game is actually going to be any good or not.
    To me, this is a sign they aren't as confident with their sales numbers.

Would be awesome to see Alan Payne in his new time warping game on PC! I just love Remedy's games and the way they always stick to one protagonist...
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Dat Recommended Specs tho...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455209709.862111.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  93.7 KB

“You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~

The game looks absolutely amazing. It's just a shame that it's the most expensive game I've ever seen. R 1 299,00 on the XBox One. I will not pay that much for a game. No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    The game looks absolutely amazing. It's just a shame that it's the most expensive game I've ever seen. R 1 299,00 on the XBox One. I will not pay that much for a game. No chance.
    Agreed. Complete madness. I wonder what sticker shock is waiting for those keen to pick it up on PC. April 5 is not too far away, so I guess we'll find out soon.

The other thing I struggle to understand is how they can justify digital copies (with the added cost of 30-40GBs of data to download) selling for more than physical copies?

Physical Quantum Break for eg is R1199 on Raru (in fact on special right now for R1037). Sure, the case may just contain a download code anyway, but you get a physical case with a pretty picture to show off on your shelf for R100 less than a pure digital version? How does that work?

“You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

It's really cool that it's coming to pc but Damn those recommend specs are high.