Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do on your birthday?

Default What do you do on your birthday?

A lot of people have standing traditions of what they like to do on their birthdays. My one mate used to go to the movie alone every year, until he realised how sad that was.

I do the same thing every year; NOTHING. Because having a birthday the day before payday SUCKS!

Basically as little as possible. I usually try to take my annual leave so I can be off on my birthday. The only thing I do every year is go out for dinner with my family.

Yeah, just another day for me.

I either have a braai with friends, or we have a LAN
    Almighty legit one.

Steam: TechThief Battle.net: TechThief#2664 Uplay: CrzCop Origin: TechThief

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    A lot of people have standing traditions of what they like to do on their birthdays. My one mate used to go to the movie alone every year, until he realised how sad that was.

I do the same thing every year; NOTHING. Because having a birthday the day before payday SUCKS!
    Celebrate my birthday in the same way I entered this world.... Naked and screaming

I eat junk food like there is no tomorrow and spend the rest of the day either doing nothing or feeling bad about everything I ate. I usually get off work as well, giving me a lot of time to play with my gifts - if I got anything that I can play with that is.

"What's with the poop face?"

I am happiest when no-one bothers me that day - no parties, braai or plenty of phone calls. Just chill with a game or movie and perhaps go out for dinner with the wife.

Worst birthday was a surprise party at my house - got back from work - it was already 8:00pm that evening (had server problems) I was beat and just wanted to relax and go to bed. Got home and people just jumped out from everywhere - 'Surprise!'

I've tried every year since I started working to take the day off. This year I finally could! Turned 30 on a day-off Friday.

But we were woken up by a call from my wife's HR people at 06:15, to let her know that they need paperwork from her.. She also had to work, though, so I had to sort out the paperwork. I also had to manage workers and prep things for my birthday braai, so I only got to relax at 3pm, so the day off really wasn't off :/

Every year, i do nothing because i dont celebrate any form of "Special days"
    This includes, birthdays, xmas, valentines, mothersday, fathersday.. etc
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU