Thread: Subscription wars: the best free content for March

Default Subscription wars: the best free content for March

Subscription wars: the best free content for March

We compare the value offered by each of the major platforms subscription services, that is PS Plus, Games with Gold and Humble Monthly Bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by gr33nFIEND View Post
    Subscription wars: the best free content for March

We compare the value offered by each of the major platforms subscription services, that is PS Plus, Games with Gold and Humble Monthly Bundle.
    Yay, these articles are much better now! I like it. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Yay, these articles are much better now! I like it. Keep it up.
    I see the one comment on the article states that for some you rent the games, for others you own it. I know humble bundle and Xbox Gold. Sooo does that mean you only rent the games with PS+?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    I see the one comment on the article states that for some you rent the games, for others you own it. I know humble bundle and Xbox Gold. Sooo does that mean you only rent the games with PS+?
    think of it as an extended rental service

from wiki

Membership in the PlayStation Plus service includes access to a rolling selection of free games, known as the Instant Game Collection. New titles are made available every month, while older games are withdrawn from the collection. Members can keep all games in the Instant Game Collection as long as they are a member of PlayStation Plus. If their membership lapses, these games will become locked and unplayable. However, once the membership is renewed, the games will become unlocked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    think of it as an extended rental service

from wiki

Membership in the PlayStation Plus service includes access to a rolling selection of free games, known as the Instant Game Collection. New titles are made available every month, while older games are withdrawn from the collection. Members can keep all games in the Instant Game Collection as long as they are a member of PlayStation Plus. If their membership lapses, these games will become locked and unplayable. However, once the membership is renewed, the games will become unlocked again.
    Ah oky, cool. Thanks for the info Dohc

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    Xbox One games you receive via Xbox Gold are rented, you must continue to pay the sub to access them (so it's similar to PS+). However Xbox 360 games you own the games even if you stop the sub afterwards.

http://support.xbox.com/en-ZA/my-acc...-with-gold-faq
    What happens to my Games with Gold games if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription?

On Xbox One, you will no longer be able to access your Games with Gold titles if you cancel your subscription. However, if you decide to renew your subscription at any time, you will be able to access and play your previously redeemed Games with Gold titles again.

On Xbox 360, any Games with Gold titles that you redeem as an Xbox Live Gold member are yours to keep, regardless of whether you continue your subscription.
    Last edited by diabolus; 07-03-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diabolus View Post
    Xbox One games you receive via Xbox Gold are rented, you must continue to pay the sub to access them (so it's similar to PS+). However Xbox 360 games you own the games even if you stop the sub afterwards.

http://support.xbox.com/en-ZA/my-acc...-with-gold-faq
    there's a difference xbox one games dont expire they just require a gold subscription in order to play them, the game still belongs to you.