Page 256 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 356 756 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 11820

Thread: Threadkiller Mk XIII

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed this during this whole discussion? Did Toyota and Hyundai somehow join forces and start selling Toyundais or Hyotas?
    I'm not sure what exactly you mean by this, but the Atos, the i10, and one of the French manufacturers (I think Peugeot) do share the engine design and maybe even other parts in front of the A-pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    I'm not sure what exactly you mean by this, but the Atos, the i10, and one of the French manufacturers (I think Peugeot) do share the engine design and maybe even other parts in front of the A-pillar.
    I know Hyundai and Kia build in the same assembly line and share lots of parts, but Toyota and Hyundai?

I bolded and sized up the confusing make/model in my quote: Toyota... Atos. It was meant in jest with buckets of sarcasm.

I'm sure you meant to say Toyota Aygo, right? Or Hyundai Atos? Or even Toyota Etios?
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Mornings all, almost weekend. counting down.. the hours till tomorrow
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Morning everyone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Almighty legit one.

Steam: TechThief Battle.net: TechThief#2664 Uplay: CrzCop Origin: TechThief

I know Hyundai and Kia build in the same assembly line and share lots of parts, but Toyota and Hyundai?

I bolded and sized up the confusing make/model in my quote: Toyota... Atos. It was meant in jest with buckets of sarcasm.

I'm sure you meant to say Toyota Aygo, right? Or Hyundai Atos? Or even Toyota Etios?
    Nope, it's Toyota and Diahatsu that have a platform/engine sharing deal. Also Toyota has a platform/manufacturing deal with Peugeot and Citroën. To be perfectly honest, Toyota cars have completely started missing the plot. Their vehicles are overpriced, have very little features compared to their competitors and their service and maintenance plans are stuck in the 90s.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Nope, it's Toyota and Diahatsu that have a platform/engine sharing deal. Also Toyota has a platform/manufacturing deal with Peugeot and Citroën. To be perfectly honest, Toyota cars have completely started missing the plot. Their vehicles are overpriced, have very little features compared to their competitors and their service and maintenance plans are stuck in the 90s.

To further hammer this point about cars. Take the Datsun Go 1.2 Lux, Nissan Micra 1.2 Visia, VW Polo Vivo 1.4 Trendline Hatch, Ford Figo 1.4 Trend, Suzuki Swift 1.2 GL, VW Move Up 1.0, Toyota Etios 1.5 XS, Kia Picanto 1.2 EX, Hyundai i10 1.1 Motion, Honda Brio 1.2 Comfort and Chevrolet Spark 1.2 LS.

From a Minor Service type perspective the cheapest 3 are (in order) : Ford Figo, Nissan Micra and Chevrolet Spark
    The most expensive Minor Service : Hyundai, Kia and Toyota

Major Service / Wear and tear parts cheap three : Datsun, Nissan and Ford
    Major Service / Wear and tear parts expensive three : Honda, Hyundai and Toyota

Common accident damaged parts (cheap 3) : Datsun, Nissan, VW
    Common accident damaged parts (expensive 3) : Chevrolet, Honda and Hyundai

In a nutshell, get the Ford Figo or a VW Polo, avoid the UP. For some reason the UP has some stupid expensive parts in it.

Example of stupidity on Up : Spark Plug - R 140 EACH, Rear brake pads - R 1000+, Clutch plate - R 2000, Flywheel - R 3300

You can do all 4 brake pads on the Ford for the cost of just doing the rear on the Up, the clutch plate and pressure plate on the Ford is a kit you buy together for less than just the clutch plate on the Up.

It's the little things. However the one thing about the Ford is that the Figo uses a tyre size that is stupid hard to find and you don't have plenty of manufacturer options.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    Clearly...
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    Sadly my grip on irony and sarcasm is sometimes on a Sheldon level