Page 572 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 72 472 522 562 570 571 572 573 574 582 622 672 1072 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 11820

Thread: Threadkiller Mk XIII

Morning everyone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Almighty legit one.

Steam: TechThief Battle.net: TechThief#2664 Uplay: CrzCop Origin: TechThief

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    I feel you, too many people who think they know that drown out the voices of the ones that do know. I start losing my shit when people say "move it to the cloud" as a solution to anything. That's like moving to a hotel because your house is dirty and could get broken in to.
    "but...but the cloud will solve all our problems"

That's like moving to a hotel because your house is dirty and could get broken in to.
    That's an excellent analogy, I must remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    "but...but the cloud will solve all our problems"
    Yes, and so would investing in proper infrastructure and training your IT staff properly

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    That's an excellent analogy, I must remember it.
    I love using analogies to explain IT things, it makes it easier for business people to understand without having to go into technical details. The biggest issue i have with the "Let's go to the cloud" is that most people that spout that garbage doesn't quite understand (a) The cloud basically just means running a virtual server on someones' infrastructure that you don't have control over (b) doesn't magically fix installation/configuration issues (c) doesn't actually really save you anything in the long run

I love using analogies to explain IT things, it makes it easier for business people to understand without having to go into technical details. The biggest issue i have with the "Let's go to the cloud" is that most people that spout that garbage doesn't quite understand (a) The cloud basically just means running a virtual server on someones' infrastructure that you don't have control over (b) doesn't magically fix installation/configuration issues (c) doesn't actually really save you anything in the long run
    The trouble with analogies, though, is that some people then try to run with it, and extend the analogy. No analogy is perfect, and replying to your analogy (as an example) with, "Well, let's use a guest house then, because it's in between" is complete nonsense, but to the layman that's grasped onto that concept, it holds up. I often run into that problem when I try to explain my current work problem to my wife with an analogy from her field "Oh, I'd use IV antibiotics" doesn't help when I'm trying to figure out why my motor is turning the wrong way around.

"Oh, I'd use IV antibiotics" doesn't help when I'm trying to figure out why my motor is turning the wrong way around.
    But what if you connected the IV to the wrong vein, that could explain why your motor is turning in the wrong direction.
    T A N S T A A F L

The trouble with analogies, though, is that some people then try to run with it, and extend the analogy. No analogy is perfect, and replying to your analogy (as an example) with, "Well, let's use a guest house then, because it's in between" is complete nonsense, but to the layman that's grasped onto that concept, it holds up. I often run into that problem when I try to explain my current work problem to my wife with an analogy from her field "Oh, I'd use IV antibiotics" doesn't help when I'm trying to figure out why my motor is turning the wrong way around.
    Oh yes, that's why I'll fire with an analogy to set the tone, then if I realize that it's gone above their heads I flip to the technical details to ensure they are completely lost. Certain things are just not easily explained in non-technical terms though.

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    But what if you connected the IV to the wrong vein, that could explain why your motor is turning in the wrong direction.

So I'm sick out of absolutely no where....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk