Page 576 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 76 476 526 566 574 575 576 577 578 586 626 676 1076 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 11820

Thread: Threadkiller Mk XIII

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    Cool, you looking to reduce that still?
    Of course! Only been at it for 2 months now after years of inactivity. Already reduced the time from walking pace (45min) to a slow jog (~31min). The route is quite steep though, with a total of climb of 36m over the 3.6km.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Just be glad you lot can jog/run, due to a badly broken ankle, I am not allowed to jog or run, even a very fast walk can cause pain. This is 10 years after the injury.

Its why I can't wait for summer, then I can swim again

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    So what you're saying is, no?

That's a very nice rule of thumb if you don't like working with your budget and finances and all that. I prefer to draw up my own spreadsheet with my investments, projected growth, historical growth, projected retirement age (104, at this rate), projected growth after retirement, inflation, and withdrawal rate in retirement, and then I run wildly fantastical what-if studies on it to make myself feel better about how grey everything seems in spite of conditional formatting! But seriously, that's a great rule of thumb or back of the cigarette pack sums.
    It does seem to work for some people.

Although it doesn't mean you have to stop working, you just get to say FU to work you don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Of course! Only been at it for 2 months now after years of inactivity. Already reduced the time from walking pace (45min) to a slow jog (~31min). The route is quite steep though, with a total of climb of 36m over the 3.6km.
    Keep us updated, it should encourage others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Just be glad you lot can jog/run, due to a badly broken ankle, I am not allowed to jog or run, even a very fast walk can cause pain. This is 10 years after the injury.

Its why I can't wait for summer, then I can swim again
    Yeah, swimming is very low impact.
    T A N S T A A F L

Morning everyone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Almighty legit one.

Steam: TechThief Battle.net: TechThief#2664 Uplay: CrzCop Origin: TechThief

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    It does seem to work for some people.

Although it doesn't mean you have to stop working, you just get to say FU to work you don't want.
    Exactly, my wife initially thought that my plan to be able to retire at 55 was lazy. It's just so that I'm so in control of my life at that time that I could do what I'd like, preferably working for myself.

Speaking of which, [MENTION=20]Solitude[/MENTION], I'm gonna PM you at some point over the weekend with an idea that I think you might be able to help with, or at least provide some feedback. It might make us some pocket money!

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    Exactly, my wife initially thought that my plan to be able to retire at 55 was lazy. It's just so that I'm so in control of my life at that time that I could do what I'd like, preferably working for myself.

Speaking of which, [MENTION=20]Solitude[/MENTION], I'm gonna PM you at some point over the weekend with an idea that I think you might be able to help with, or at least provide some feedback. It might make us some pocket money!
    Sure you are welcome to. I like moneys! MwhahahaahAHAHAHAAHA

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    About my pace as well. I do 3.6km in 30-32min. I try to do the same route at least 4 times a week.
    my times are reasonably good cause i get a lot of interval training in with Citifit(bootcamp). i would say come give it a try but youre to far from zoo lake...

here is my stats:
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1381094054
    Last edited by Wenzdayz; 29-09-2016 at 10:32 AM. Reason: spelling fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Sure you are welcome to. I like moneys! MwhahahaahAHAHAHAAHA
    Sweet. Nice to hear that you're falling in my tra.... game to hear me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenzdayz View Post
    my times are reasonably good cause i get a lot of interval training in with Citifit(bootcamp). i would say come give it a try but youre to far from zoo lake...

here is my stats:
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1381094054

Anyway, I'm happy to progress at my current rate of exercise. I'm planning on joining the local gym (which isn't a Virgin Active or Planet Fitness) again in a month or two (finances permitting), so I can get myself into the buff shape I was in 12 years ago. The route I do each day has a bit of field in it as well and I find I'm enjoying the "trail" aspect of jogging quite a bit more than "road", so I might just seek out a longer, proper route next year for some real outdoorsy running.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--