Page 682 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 182 582 632 672 680 681 682 683 684 692 732 782 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 11820

Thread: Threadkiller Mk XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    Morning, peoples. [MENTION=20]Solitude[/MENTION] and [MENTION=297]FarligOpptreden[/MENTION]: Be thankful for the work, guys. Being unemployed is really getting old now.

That said, I hope you both have better days today!
    Still looking? Do what I was forced to do: self-employment via consulting and contracting. Be warned though, it's hella stressful and you end up working harder and longer hours for less money that you'd be getting at a corporate.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Morning, peoples. [MENTION=20]Solitude[/MENTION] and [MENTION=297]FarligOpptreden[/MENTION]: Be thankful for the work, guys. Being unemployed is really getting old now.

That said, I hope you both have better days today!
    Yeah that's very true Avatar. I don't always realise that. My brother in law has also been without work for a long time now and it's not easy.

May you find something soon! I hope you get an awesome job with great pay.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai Dohcie!

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Still looking? Do what I was forced to do: self-employment via consulting and contracting. Be warned though, it's hella stressful and you end up working harder and longer hours for less money that you'd be getting at a corporate.
    I have no problem with working harder and longer hours, nor stress. And I was seriously underpaid at my last job, getting much less than I would've at another company, so I won't be making any less! The trouble I have is mostly that I'm not good at networking and marketing, and in my industry there are very, very few self-employed consultants. I genuinely don't know where to start with getting my name out there as a consultant, other than manufacturing some things, but that requires a bit of a capital outlay which I don't have now. I'm investigating this route, though, I'm busy looking at laser cutters as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Yeah that's very true Avatar. I don't always realise that. My brother in law has also been without work for a long time now and it's not easy.

May you find something soon! I hope you get an awesome job with great pay.
    Thanks, man. I'm sure my boat will come in soon. I'm applying left, right and centre, but unfortunately, most job require either 10+ years of XP (I have 6) or 5 years in the built environment, which I also don't have. Soon, though, sooooooon.

But, my intention wasn't to throw a pity party, just to give you two a teensy bit of perspective to help get you through the day! So go kick ass and take names!

I have no problem with working harder and longer hours, nor stress. And I was seriously underpaid at my last job, getting much less than I would've at another company, so I won't be making any less! The trouble I have is mostly that I'm not good at networking and marketing, and in my industry there are very, very few self-employed consultants. I genuinely don't know where to start with getting my name out there as a consultant, other than manufacturing some things, but that requires a bit of a capital outlay which I don't have now. I'm investigating this route, though, I'm busy looking at laser cutters as we speak.

Thanks, man. I'm sure my boat will come in soon. I'm applying left, right and centre, but unfortunately, most job require either 10+ years of XP (I have 6) or 5 years in the built environment, which I also don't have. Soon, though, sooooooon.

But, my intention wasn't to throw a pity party, just to give you two a teensy bit of perspective to help get you through the day! So go kick ass and take names!
    I might know a company that might be looking for someone. They're in manufacturing and have been around for at least 60 years... A good friend's uncle is the MD of the company.

Maybe try and contact them? I'll PM the details.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    how goes wyfie
    Im good, bored but good

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Maybe try and contact them? I'll PM the details.
    I'll do that, thanks. I've cold emailed a couple of places, and I am chatting to an energy company that I contacted this way. It's too early to tell if something will come from it, but the door does open this way!