Page 807 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 307 707 757 797 805 806 807 808 809 817 857 907 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,070 of 11820

Thread: Threadkiller Mk XIII

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Morning everyone. Can someone recommend a decent gold certified PSU to replace my 2.5 year old Corsair VS650 that died over the weekend? Budget is an issue and it should drive the following:

MSI Z97M mobo
    Intel 4670k (not overclocked)
    8GB RAM (2x 4GB)
    SSD + HDD
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    Wireless media keyboard + touchpad combo
    Gamepad (yes, I only play controller-based games on this machine as it's connected to a TV)
    1x external HDD

By the looks of it, the GPU eats op around 300W under load, so I'm guessing an extra 200W should be enough to drive the rest of the components in the PC? So am I correct in assuming that a gold certified 500W PSU should be enough for the machine? I'm planning on replacing the GPU soon(ish) with a lower powered, cooler-running option, like a 1060 (either 6GB or 3GB, depending on whether I can get a good price on them). My R9 280x creates an oven of heat in the small Bitfenix Colossus M chassis.

So, with that in mind, who would be willing to help me sell my R9 280x on Carbonite, seeing as I have no rep whatsoever on there and people won't really buy it from me. You can take 5-10% of the sale price as commission, depending on what it sells for. I'm guessing around R1800 for the GPU, based on the prices currently on Carbonite (Gigabyte R9 280x 3GB OC Windforce edition). Now is probably the ideal time to sell it, seeing as the machine is dead without a PSU anyway. If I haven't bought a new GPU by the time I've got the new PSU in, I can always run it on integrated graphics, seeing as it's used 90% as a Plex server and 10% for couch gaming.
    I cant help with Carbonite unfortunately

but
    Corsair CP-9020098 / CP-9020098VS650, Eps12V, ATX 12V V2.3 - 650w ( 12v : 600w ), 24pin, with active-PFC, 2x8pin (2+6) PCI-E power, 1x 120mm thermal controled fan, 4x SATA + 4x 4pin molex - 3 years warranty - no power cord

Morning everyone. Can someone recommend a decent gold certified PSU to replace my 2.5 year old Corsair VS650 that died over the weekend? Budget is an issue and it should drive the following:

MSI Z97M mobo
    Intel 4670k (not overclocked)
    8GB RAM (2x 4GB)
    SSD + HDD
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    Wireless media keyboard + touchpad combo
    Gamepad (yes, I only play controller-based games on this machine as it's connected to a TV)
    1x external HDD

By the looks of it, the GPU eats op around 300W under load, so I'm guessing an extra 200W should be enough to drive the rest of the components in the PC? So am I correct in assuming that a gold certified 500W PSU should be enough for the machine? I'm planning on replacing the GPU soon(ish) with a lower powered, cooler-running option, like a 1060 (either 6GB or 3GB, depending on whether I can get a good price on them). My R9 280x creates an oven of heat in the small Bitfenix Colossus M chassis.

So, with that in mind, who would be willing to help me sell my R9 280x on Carbonite, seeing as I have no rep whatsoever on there and people won't really buy it from me. You can take 5-10% of the sale price as commission, depending on what it sells for. I'm guessing around R1800 for the GPU, based on the prices currently on Carbonite (Gigabyte R9 280x 3GB OC Windforce edition). Now is probably the ideal time to sell it, seeing as the machine is dead without a PSU anyway. If I haven't bought a new GPU by the time I've got the new PSU in, I can always run it on integrated graphics, seeing as it's used 90% as a Plex server and 10% for couch gaming.
    Also what is the budget

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I cant help with Carbonite unfortunately

but
    Corsair CP-9020098 / CP-9020098VS650, Eps12V, ATX 12V V2.3 - 650w ( 12v : 600w ), 24pin, with active-PFC, 2x8pin (2+6) PCI-E power, 1x 120mm thermal controled fan, 4x SATA + 4x 4pin molex - 3 years warranty - no power cord
    OH! 3 year warranty! Didn't even know that! Thought it's a 1-2 year warranty... Lemme get in contact with [MENTION=21]The Joker[/MENTION] immediately, as he should still have the papers for the warranty on the PSU (I bought the machine fully built from him).
    Last edited by FarligOpptreden; 26-01-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Also what is the budget
    As with most things in life, as low as possible. :P There's no fixed budget, but I don't really have much spare cash lying around. I just mailed [MENTION=21]The Joker[/MENTION] to see if he can help me out with the warranty, so maybe I don't have to buy something just yet. I'd still like to sell the R9 280x though, I honestly feel I need something lower powered, cooler and quieter as the machine is placed in the living room and sounds like a jet turbine when playing games.

As with most things in life, as low as possible. :P There's no fixed budget, but I don't really have much spare cash lying around. I just mailed [MENTION=21]The Joker[/MENTION] to see if he can help me out with the warranty, so maybe I don't have to buy something just yet. I'd still like to sell the R9 280x though, I honestly feel I need something lower powered, cooler and quieter as the machine is placed in the living room and sounds like a jet turbine when playing games.
    Received and responded to your mail bud and yeah it should still be under warranty with Rebeltech.
    Just forward me the relevant info that I asked for in the email and we can get it sorted.

Oh and Hi guys/girls
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Received and responded to your mail bud and yeah it should still be under warranty with Rebeltech.
    Just forward me the relevant info that I asked for in the email and we can get it sorted.

Oh and Hi guys/girls
    Jokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer *huge hugs* LTNC, how are you dude?

Oh and Hi guys/girls
    ...and already responded! The man I just quoted is as helpful as ever. Great service and would definitely use him for building a top-notch gaming PC again. Oh, and he's an all-round nice guy as well, having met him face-to-face on 2 occasions. :P

Jokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer *huge hugs* LTNC, how are you dude?
    Hi Hi

I'm pretty good, been busy with work and life and stuff, the usual lol How are you doing?

...and already responded! The man I just quoted is as helpful as ever. Great service and would definitely use him for building a top-notch gaming PC again. Oh, and he's an all-round nice guy as well, having met him face-to-face on 2 occasions. :P
    Sweet, replied as well.
    Always glad to help when and where I can.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Hi Hi

I'm pretty good, been busy with work and life and stuff, the usual lol How are you doing?

Sweet, replied as well.
    I've always wondered... what do you actually do for a living? I mean you are often involved when it comes to hardware related stuff but besides that I don't really know.

Hi Hi

Sweet, replied as well.
    Busy with Uni and work, but goodish for the most part