Page 772 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 272 672 722 762 770 771 772 773 774 782 822 872 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,720 of 11820

Thread: Threadkiller Mk XIII

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Geez that sucks Blazz. Hmm, have you ever thought about looking at one of the WISPS in town? My BIL is the owner of one of them, so I am 100% biased, but hey at least it's not Telkom. And you can get a hopefully better performing internet connection
    No, I haven't (recently). Mostly because:
    1) my internet has been absolutely fine and running at a constant 8Mbps anytime of day up until last week.
    2) when we moved into the place we live now, there was no Telkom line so I went with a WISP. Although it worked oky, it was slow and if it looked like thunder at all, you had to unplug it because the antenna stands way taller than anything else and would be target nr1 for a bolt.
    3) from what I have seen, they (WISPS) are kak expensive. I found 3 WISPS in Middelburg using Google. HiTech is simply unaffordable from the pricing I can see on the site, XPress I cannot see pricing for. Jenny Internet has the best pricing by far, but R1000 pm for 160GB cap at 4Mbps is quite steep, although if I had no other option left I could go with that I guess.

I should probably have lead with this, but which WISP does he own?

I'm not desperate enough yet to resort to a WISP. Afrihost has logged a fault with Telkom, so I will give it a bit of time before resorting to other measures; I'm hoping they can resolve/fix the issue before too long.

Also, it took me a while to figure out what BIL is

sjoe i need some sleep

Im just exhausted

cant think or see straight

and I knowI wont sleep tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    No, I haven't (recently). Mostly because:
    1) my internet has been absolutely fine and running at a constant 8Mbps anytime of day up until last week.
    2) when we moved into the place we live now, there was no Telkom line so I went with a WISP. Although it worked oky, it was slow and if it looked like thunder at all, you had to unplug it because the antenna stands way taller than anything else and would be target nr1 for a bolt.
    3) from what I have seen, they (WISPS) are kak expensive. I found 3 WISPS in Middelburg using Google. HiTech is simply unaffordable from the pricing I can see on the site, XPress I cannot see pricing for. Jenny Internet has the best pricing by far, but R1000 pm for 160GB cap at 4Mbps is quite steep, although if I had no other option left I could go with that I guess.

I should probably have lead with this, but which WISP does he own?

I'm not desperate enough yet to resort to a WISP. Afrihost has logged a fault with Telkom, so I will give it a bit of time before resorting to other measures; I'm hoping they can resolve/fix the issue before too long.

Also, it took me a while to figure out what BIL is
    Ah okay. Well he owns Hitech, although they are by far the most expensive, and I honestly don't think the pricing on their site is accurate. But then again, they mostly focus on businesses, but do have some home installation.

But hey at least you have other options.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Ah okay. Well he owns Hitech, although they are by far the most expensive, and I honestly don't think the pricing on their site is accurate. But then again, they mostly focus on businesses, but do have some home installation.

But hey at least you have other options.
    I thought the prices looked very "business-y", however the capped prices look really wrong.

I was with HiTech as per point nr 2 in my previous post. I looked through my mails real quick, they were still called MidICT back when I joined them and then HiTek wireless bought MidICT. I had a 512 Kbps uncapped account - the horror!

I can also see I was quite unhappy with the quality of the internet I received back then :3

afternoonings good people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenzdayz View Post
    afternoonings good people!
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai
    hoe gaan dit? ek sien jy sukkel al weer met Unisa
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

hoe gaan dit? ek sien jy sukkel al weer met Unisa
    Ek is al klaar gatvol en die jaar het nog nie begin nie.

ek het die 3de geregister, en konnou eers die payment doen, maar dit wys nogsteeds niks so ek raak mal
    andersins gaan dit ok en daar?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Ek is al klaar gatvol en die jaar het nog nie begin nie.

ek het die 3de geregister, en konnou eers die payment doen, maar dit wys nogsteeds niks so ek raak mal
    andersins gaan dit ok en daar?
    oh ok, kan net imagine. dit gaan ok ek vind nog my voete hier want dis moerse baie info om in te neem. dis ongelooflik tegnies en die admin is nogal hectic. maar die nuwe base is cool, hulle help waar ek sukkel en verduidelik goed baie beter as die meisie wie se plek ek vat. Kan sien sy wili meer hier wees nie
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

oh ok, kan net imagine. dit gaan ok ek vind nog my voete hier want dis moerse baie info om in te neem. dis ongelooflik tegnies en die admin is nogal hectic. maar die nuwe base is cool, hulle help waar ek sukkel en verduidelik goed baie beter as die meisie wie se plek ek vat. Kan sien sy wili meer hier wees nie
    Ekke is bly om te hoor jy geniet die nuwe werk!