You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Torchlight - Very cool looking game :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

I thought it was a good game, but very VERY repetitive. The skill trees needed a bit more complexity and I found it just a little too easy. Didnt really get into a tight spot once that I kinda had to think about! Basically mindless clicking! I loved the look of the games...I find that too many games these days try to look too realistic.

Core2Duo E8400 3Ghz, ASUS P5Q/SE MOBO, 3Gigs or RAM (800Mhz), Asus ATI RADEON 4850 512MB, 2X 500GB HDDs, Windows 7 Ultimate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I thought it was a good game, but very VERY repetitive. The skill trees needed a bit more complexity and I found it just a little too easy. Didnt really get into a tight spot once that I kinda had to think about! Basically mindless clicking! I loved the look of the games...I find that too many games these days try to look too realistic.
    not like diablo I/II wasn't a mindless -click-a-lot- .

look it's more correctly categorized as enough stated as an indie classic dungeon crawl and not an AAA RPG 120+ hours title. that is why it is "repetitive" and "non-complex". sure it's not perfect (please take note here i've said it is not perfect to all those about to re-crucify me), but one has to be fair what it really is and was developed as.

this was one of the few games i know of that you could apply as an artist via a competition without too much red tape, at least they involved the community. however the last 3 levels really was a clicker . only time i felt bit pissed was when i enchanted my zomg sword and got the 2% disenchant lol, wasn't really nice...

...I'm quite sure runic games's next title will be a lot more to it than their start-up project torchlight. I'd be quite curious if you can list a game that has no repetitiveness to it please .

i think the most mindless game i've played so far is definitely painkiller through and through, but that doesn't mean it doesn't give enjoyment by just blowing shit up without needing to apply a masters to play it. though i would say that one have to play here and there those B titles/indie in between the AAA ones, but that is just me i think since it seems you all want the ZOMG AAAAAA ones constantly.
    Last edited by Necuno; 08-04-2010 at 07:30 AM.
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.