Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Gamma Nine - Releases 1st of April - Info and Links

Just an update for everyone:

The prologue is done for Book 2 and I am about half way through Chapter One. I made the prologue a bridge between the two novels instead of more info dumping. It is part of the story as a whole more than just thousands of words without dialogue, etc.

"What's with the poop face?"

[MENTION=4772]Spartan[/MENTION] So how is the second book coming along?

I'm finally done with Gamma Nine. It took much longer than I anticipated, not because I didn't enjoy it but because the universe conspired against me having time to read. So here's a short summary of what I liked and disliked. Apologies if I'm repeating something somebody else already mentioned.

What I liked:
    The story. It really is excellent. I also found the prologue and the quotes that start each chapter to really flesh out the universe. I think there may be a book or at least a short story behind each quote. It is well thought out and executed brilliantly. The pacing of the book was also spot on. You also nailed the action sequences which many writers struggle to pull off. Well done. The dialog was also believable and it fit each character very well. And the universe. Man, I really want to spend some more time in your world.

What I didn't like:
    Not a lot really. The only negative is more a matter of personal taste so I wouldn't bother too much with these comments if I were you.
    Anyway: I did find some of the writing to be over explanatory. For example, you don't need to remind the reader that people are cowards or heroes. Their actions already show that. The good thing is that it didn't break the flow of the narrative for me, it is just something that niggled a bit. Another example of this was early in the book when you mention (quoting from memory) "impaling spikes". You can drop the "impaling" part because that is what spikes do But like I said, personal preference and I'm only mentioning this because no book is perfect. Not even Shakespeare. Dude made up too many words.

I won't give a star or */10 rating. Instead I will only answer two questions that really matter:
    Were you disappointed when the book was done because you would like to spend more time in that world?
    Yes.
    Would you buy another book by this author?
    Again, yes.

Well done, dude. You did good. Keep me updated when the second one is available, please.
    One day, I'll grow up and become responsible.
    Probably not today.

Also enjoyed lots of the story. It was the last book I read before life caught up. My entertainment time went from around 4 hours a day to around 30 minutes (usually lunch time on weekdays) so grinding, grinding and hoping the next break comes soon. Worth it though

Served by a Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Mister 44 View Post
    [MENTION=4772]Spartan[/MENTION] So how is the second book coming along?

I'm finally done with Gamma Nine. It took much longer than I anticipated, not because I didn't enjoy it but because the universe conspired against me having time to read. So here's a short summary of what I liked and disliked. Apologies if I'm repeating something somebody else already mentioned.

What I liked:
    The story. It really is excellent. I also found the prologue and the quotes that start each chapter to really flesh out the universe. I think there may be a book or at least a short story behind each quote. It is well thought out and executed brilliantly. The pacing of the book was also spot on. You also nailed the action sequences which many writers struggle to pull off. Well done. The dialog was also believable and it fit each character very well. And the universe. Man, I really want to spend some more time in your world.

What I didn't like:
    Not a lot really. The only negative is more a matter of personal taste so I wouldn't bother too much with these comments if I were you.
    Anyway: I did find some of the writing to be over explanatory. For example, you don't need to remind the reader that people are cowards or heroes. Their actions already show that. The good thing is that it didn't break the flow of the narrative for me, it is just something that niggled a bit. Another example of this was early in the book when you mention (quoting from memory) "impaling spikes". You can drop the "impaling" part because that is what spikes do But like I said, personal preference and I'm only mentioning this because no book is perfect. Not even Shakespeare. Dude made up too many words.

I won't give a star or */10 rating. Instead I will only answer two questions that really matter:
    Were you disappointed when the book was done because you would like to spend more time in that world?
    Yes.
    Would you buy another book by this author?
    Again, yes.

Well done, dude. You did good. Keep me updated when the second one is available, please.
    I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed it, and that you love the universe I have built and still am building. Book 2 is about 25000 words done. Unfortunately you will have to wait a while before release.

Thank you so much for your comments and your constructive ones. I agree with you 100% when it comes to over writing. I do suffer from it and I am still learning the trade as I go a long. In time I will sharpen my writing and my skills, and hopefully my work will be more clean and better written.

The Gamma Nine series is but a step into the author world for me. I plan to do many more additions and new series in the future. Gamma Nine will end after the trilogy and hopefully have a few short stories to go with it as well. You mentioned the quotes and that is exactly why I added so many of them. Many of them can be expanded upon, and some will, even by fans as I gather them, but more on that later. I already have a plan for a few short stories to go with the new release as free additions. The only problem is my time is very limited so I will only get to writing a new short story at the end of this month.

I will keep everyone that posted here updated to whatever I get on with. Winter time is just not a fun time for me, illnesses a plenty and my daily struggles keep me from being social. I focus most of my time on my projects and studies during these months, so do not despair if I am quiet, I am just busy writing .

My only hope was for people to like it, with all of it faults and my growing experience, that is all I could ask for. I succeeded in reaching a few people and continue to do so daily with new fans and readers joining the Gamma Nine universe. It is slow but steady. By the end of Gamma Nine I will be well equipped to do more and do better.

Thank you for your support. For everyone's support. I appreciate it more than you can imagine.

- - - - - - - - - - Double Post Merged - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    Also enjoyed lots of the story. It was the last book I read before life caught up. My entertainment time went from around 4 hours a day to around 30 minutes (usually lunch time on weekdays) so grinding, grinding and hoping the next break comes soon. Worth it though

Served by a Droid
    Thank you. I am glad you did. Even I, the one writing the story, gets overwhelmed by life and everything it brings with it. I understand and just hope that you and whoever else reads more of my work, will like it just as much.

"What's with the poop face?"