Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamma Nine - Releases 1st of April - Info and Links

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    So [MENTION=2530]Wyvern[/MENTION], enjoying it so far?
    I have to admit this past week has been chaos for me - I have started on the first chapter - its already pulled me in that I dont wanna be at work today :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I have to admit this past week has been chaos for me - I have started on the first chapter - its already pulled me in that I dont wanna be at work today :P
    Glad to hear it. I am taking a break while I am waiting for an exclusive review and interview to come out in two weeks. So I am switching off and writing a free short story next week. It will be published RAW on my website for fans . It ties into the universe of Gamma Nine as well.

"What's with the poop face?"

Glad to hear it. I am taking a break while I am waiting for an exclusive review and interview to come out in two weeks. So I am switching off and writing a free short story next week. It will be published RAW on my website for fans . It ties into the universe of Gamma Nine as well.
    hehe awesome I will keep an eye out

Congrats on the book. Will put it in my to buy list.
    This is a cool idea, to give more to the fans. Should get them to come back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCpt View Post
    Congrats on the book. Will put it in my to buy list.
    This is a cool idea, to give more to the fans. Should get them to come back for more.
    Agreed and thank you. I plan on expanding the universe as I write more and more. Eventually doing tie-ins and other stories within the main universe. Think Warhammer 40K just my own universe.

Ok, time for a new book...

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1460135680499.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  35.1 KB

Does my heart good to see that. Thank you [MENTION=193]matt[/MENTION].

[MENTION=4772]Spartan[/MENTION], I'm really enjoying the book so far, not too far in, just finished chapter two, going on to two.one, but I am well and truly engaged and can't wait to pick up the story again, and I'm really enjoying your writing style, and the universe and characters that you've created. I've even had a few moments where I can already foresee a sad time when I've finished this book and I have to wait for you to write the next one.

It's also really awesome to be able to talk to the author of a book I'm reading, that's a first for me.

In case of possible spoilers:

Spoiler: show

Having read your comments on your editor fighting with you about the length of your prologue, and your forward explaining what you've done with the zero chapters, I just want to say, don't stress about it, I enjoyed the zero chapters, I would even go so far as to say that they are absolutely necessary to set the scene before getting into the story. I don't think that anyone who enjoys sci-fi or fantasy would think twice about going through some back story, and the book would be less rich without it. You definitely wouldn't have an appreciation for what The Beast is or the situation that humanity finds itself in without those chapters, and you also wouldn't fully appreciate the significance of the Titans, particularly the Grim Wolves without them.

One thing that has been really great so far is the way you've set the Wolves up as these legendary bad-asses, but as soon as you meet them, their most striking feature is their humanity and their individual personalities. You can feel the long relationship and bond they share from the way they talk to each other and their easy banter, and you can feel how intimidated Christian must be to be a newbie in their ranks.

Knowing as I do that you're a gamer, I can't help but look for gaming influences in your inspiration. I'm sure it's because I know you from MyGaming that my mind goes straight to games when I visualize your universe, but I must ask (just curious), is there a bit of Dead Space in The Beast, and maybe a touch of Crysis in the Titans? The weapon locking system on their armour also puts me in mind of Mass Effect because I always wondered if they had some magnetic system going to keep their guns on their backs like that, although I don't recall them ever going into those sort of details in Mass Effect. I even found myself in a plaformer while in the labyrinth, and I'm about to enter an arena fight, which is definitely looking like it's going to be a cover based firefight. It's an odd effect, my mind making a book feel like a game, but I find it's making it really easy to visualize and it's making the story very immersive.

One thing that I feel like an arse to bring up, because it's a minor thing, but if you are going to do revisions or something, you might want to know (I don't know how these things work), but I have come across a couple of spelling mistakes like, "feint shadow in the back of his mind" instead of "faint shadow in the back of his mind", and a missing g in "brining ship systems online".

There's also a sentence here and there that could use a tweak, for instance
    "“Why so nervous my scrumpet?” he said, knowing that P-SEP, nor the military, had no policies against sexual harassment.", seems like it should read
    "“Why so nervous my scrumpet?” he said, knowing that neither P-SEP, nor the military, had policies against sexual harassment."

Sorry to bring up such little things, but I know I would want to fix things like that if it were me, and it jars me a little when I hit them, like an unexpected speedbump in the road of the story.

I have just bought the book and peek at it every now and again on my Kindle Cloud :-)

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 18
Size:  110.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Avantar View Post
    I have just bought the book and peek at it every now and again on my Kindle Cloud :-)

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 18
Size:  110.7 KB
    Excellent news. Thank you Avantar. I hope you enjoy it.