Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamma Nine - Releases 1st of April - Info and Links

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Might just have to get you a shirt or something if you keep it up. That remind me, maybe I should get shirts made. I wonder...
    Lol! Well I'll be in your fan club at least, and I'm pretty chuffed to be part of your inaugural readership. It's awesome to see things like this coming out of SA. And I'll definitely recommend your book to friends.

I've read another chapter now, and it looks like we're ramping up to some action. It's been quite a smooth transition from world building to character building to action.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Lol! Well I'll be in your fan club at least, and I'm pretty chuffed to be part of your inaugural readership. It's awesome to see things like this coming out of SA. And I'll definitely recommend your book to friends.

I've read another chapter now, and it looks like we're ramping up to some action. It's been quite a smooth transition from world building to character building to action.
    Agreed. The more readers the merrier thank you. Word of mouth is the best way of getting the word out on new things. Still the best marketing tool out there.

Lots of action to come if you are where I think you are.

"What's with the poop face?"

Agreed. The more readers the merrier thank you. Word of mouth is the best way of getting the word out on new things. Still the best marketing tool out there.

Lots of action to come if you are where I think you are.
    Spoiler: show

I'm about 3 minutes from emergency BEAM drive shutdown
    Last edited by matt; 11-04-2016 at 06:20 PM.

I can't believe I'm missing all this discussion because I'm so busy at work and I'm not even managing to open MyG during the day.

I started reading yesterday and I'm on Chapter 2 now and I am really enjoying it [MENTION=4772]Spartan[/MENTION]! I also love the prologue, it really did set the whole backstory really great.

@matt I also got a Dead Space vibe from the Beasts, which is actually really cool because I can now easily picture what they look like, or I'm adapting the Dead Space look into how I imagine them (for myself ofcourse).
    For the Titans though, I didn't get a Mass Effect feel but more of a Terminator feel (from Dawn of War). Massive armored guys just wrecking shit.

I also noticed some mistakes here and there, but I just tend to notice things like that really quickly. It hasn't spoiled the immersion for me however, and I totally understand your point about it as well Spartan. I can't wait to read more and I'm sure I will also end up chewing my nails waiting for the second one.

I'll definitely be telling my brother to get this and a few other friends as well. Well done on the book bud, I hope word of mouth takes your book a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    I can't believe I'm missing all this discussion because I'm so busy at work and I'm not even managing to open MyG during the day.

I started reading yesterday and I'm on Chapter 2 now and I am really enjoying it [MENTION=4772]Spartan[/MENTION]! I also love the prologue, it really did set the whole backstory really great.

@matt I also got a Dead Space vibe from the Beasts, which is actually really cool because I can now easily picture what they look like, or I'm adapting the Dead Space look into how I imagine them (for myself ofcourse).
    For the Titans though, I didn't get a Mass Effect feel but more of a Terminator feel (from Dawn of War). Massive armored guys just wrecking shit.

I also noticed some mistakes here and there, but I just tend to notice things like that really quickly. It hasn't spoiled the immersion for me however, and I totally understand your point about it as well Spartan. I can't wait to read more and I'm sure I will also end up chewing my nails waiting for the second one.

I'll definitely be telling my brother to get this and a few other friends as well. Well done on the book bud, I hope word of mouth takes your book a long way.
    As long as you are enjoying it. I am proud of my work and at the end of the day it gives me comfort to know that everyone likes it so far, and that even the best editors can only ever promise 90% perfection. If I am just even close to that, my formatting is good and here and there some mistakes slipped through every few thousand words, then I am happy.

Thank you for the compliments Blazzok, and thank you even more for the word of mouth sales, should they happen.

Ok, the action has started properly

The AIE was an interesting twist, I wonder who's behind it, I'm suspecting that Vincent character. It seems to me that there's a human either allied with the Beast, or using the Beast for his own diabolical purposes....

Ok, the action has started properly

The AIE was an interesting twist, I wonder who's behind it, I'm suspecting that Vincent character. It seems to me that there's a human either allied with the Beast, or using the Beast for his own diabolical purposes....
    You will have to wait and see. Are you enjoying the fighting? All of the readers so far have said that my skill is with fight scenes and description. I am especially fond of the void battles. I want to explore on those more.

Just an update on the short story. It will be out soon. I did a quick cover, simplistic for a free release. Will be posting it soon with a link for a free download.

You will have to wait and see. Are you enjoying the fighting? All of the readers so far have said that my skill is with fight scenes and description. I am especially fond of the void battles. I want to explore on those more.

Just an update on the short story. It will be out soon. I did a quick cover, simplistic for a free release. Will be posting it soon with a link for a free download.
    Ya, the fighting is coming across really well. As for the wait and see, I definitely don't want any clues or spoilers, just throwing my thoughts out there so you have an idea what's going on in the mind of a reader as the story progresses.

For instance:

Although the Beast does seem to have a higher and central consciousness and intelligence, individual infected seem to be pretty much mindless monsters, which would suggest either the aforementioned human theory, or a more intelligent incarnation of the Beast (maybe an intelligent infected, possibly without mutations so as to still pass as human), that we have not yet encountered.

I'm favouring the human theory, particularly the Vincent theory since he was so anti Titan, and the AIE mentioned something about the Titans being in its master's way. The big question at this stage being whether he is acting on his own or if he's allied with the Beast, and if he is allied with the Beast, how did that happen, how does he communicate with it, and what common goal could they possibly have? If he is attempting to use the Beast for his own purposes, then how could he possibly plan to control it or use it without wiping out all humans, himself included?
    Last edited by matt; 12-04-2016 at 12:57 PM.

[MENTION=4772]Spartan[/MENTION], you're right, you do have a knack for the fight scenes, and you've managed to keep momentum with it, which I imagine must be pretty hard to do. I'm at the part where
    they find the big toothy monster in the reactor room

[MENTION=4772]Spartan[/MENTION], you're right, you do have a knack for the fight scenes, and you've managed to keep momentum with it, which I imagine must be pretty hard to do. I'm at the part where
    they find the big toothy monster in the reactor room
    Thank you for that. There is a lot of it later on, you are really only at the first major part.