Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamma Nine - Releases 1st of April - Info and Links

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Awesome, I'll grab Artemis soon then, and then find something else to read until book 2 is ready. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

Dec or Jan is really not all that long to wait. I've waited way longer for books in the Wheel of Time series, and I'm still waiting on George R.R. Martin to write the next one in A Song of Ice and Fire. I think he's too wrapped up in the TV show now, so who knows when he'll get back to the books.
    Well Artemis will not be the only short story between book 1 and 2. I will write a few more, some involving the main characters, others just random universe things.

I hope book 2 will be ready by then, but there are always delays. But I have an average speed at which I write and at that speed it will be done around December and be the same length as book 1. Then it is just formatting and editing, then release, but it could take longer or go faster. All depends on who is doing what.

And yeah, if you had to wait as long as the Wheel of Time series, you might as well give up now.

"What's with the poop face?"

I can say I am loving the book, I will be honest the first two chapters slowed it down a lot for me, but I understand the need for it, I have had similar issues with all other authors that do the same - I always struggle with to much info right at the begining. Weirdly for me, had the book started at the the point just after those, I would most likely have had a bigger problem putting it down. I have now gotten into the book and wish I had more time so that I can sit and finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I can say I am loving the book, I will be honest the first two chapters slowed it down a lot for me, but I understand the need for it, I have had similar issues with all other authors that do the same - I always struggle with to much info right at the begining. Weirdly for me, had the book started at the the point just after those, I would most likely have had a bigger problem putting it down. I have now gotten into the book and wish I had more time so that I can sit and finish it.
    Yeah unfortunately it was necessary for the first in the series. Book 2 will have no such universe building chapters. It will start where the other ended with more action and things. You could skip the first chapter or so but there is a lot of info there and I tried to make it more interesting with how I wrote it and adding some action, not just some boring info and nothing ever happens.

Think of it as a narrator setting the stage for an epic play. Sometimes they are required, sometimes they are not. Mine was only required for the foundation, now I am free to go nuts with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Yeah unfortunately it was necessary for the first in the series. Book 2 will have no such universe building chapters. It will start where the other ended with more action and things. You could skip the first chapter or so but there is a lot of info there and I tried to make it more interesting with how I wrote it and adding some action, not just some boring info and nothing ever happens.

Think of it as a narrator setting the stage for an epic play. Sometimes they are required, sometimes they are not. Mine was only required for the foundation, now I am free to go nuts with the story.
    Yea I understand the need for it, its something I have always had an issue with tho, so not aimed at you, it just doesnt suit my reading style But now that I am actually in the book its hard to put it down and I am sneaking a page every now and then at work!

Yea I understand the need for it, its something I have always had an issue with tho, so not aimed at you, it just doesnt suit my reading style But now that I am actually in the book its hard to put it down and I am sneaking a page every now and then at work!
    Do not get in trouble :P.

And yeah, if you had to wait as long as the Wheel of Time series, you might as well give up now.
    To be fair, Robert Jordan dying before he had finished writing them is a totally understandable cause for delay.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    To be fair, Robert Jordan dying before he had finished writing them is a totally understandable cause for delay.
    Exactly my point. That was a tragedy in so many ways. RIP Robert, will drink a 40 on you once again.

Do not get in trouble :P.
    Hehehe Calibre is wonderful, it looks like I am reading a pdf for work :P

Hehehe Calibre is wonderful, it looks like I am reading a pdf for work :P
    Norty norty.

Great news [MENTION=4772]Spartan[/MENTION] ! I am a slow poke at things - still need to read the book. I will get there eventually.