Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Standard Headphones

Default Standard Headphones

So I just got an xbox 360 today, just a stupid question.. apparently the headset that comes with it isn't for the gaming - only for voice chatting??

Quote Originally Posted by anon815 View Post
    So I just got an xbox 360 today, just a stupid question.. apparently the headset that comes with it isn't for the gaming - only for voice chatting??
    Under your Xbox 360 settings you can tell it to play the sound through those headphones, so yes you can play sound through it and still use it as a microphone.

It is primarily meant for voice, only has one speaker so functions as a mono speaker
    If you are going to be playing with it actively, invest in a decent set

May i ask exactly how i set them to play sound through those earphones? lol might be obvious but it has me stumped.. as far as i can tell you cant just plug it in and expect sound :P
    Last edited by anon815; 16-03-2010 at 10:36 PM.

May i ask exactly how i set them to play sound through those earphones? lol might be obvious but it has me stumped.. as far as i can tell you cant just plug it in and expect sound :P
    Go to your Xbox settings go to sound it gives you the option to play it through the speaker or the head headphones. Are you using HDMI cable?

it's an hdmi to dvi cable.. using my computer monitor thats why i need the headset :P

console settings - audio - digital/sound effects --- neither of which give me any selection of what sound device?

it's an hdmi to dvi cable.. using my computer monitor thats why i need the headset :P

console settings - audio - digital/sound effects --- neither of which give me any selection of what sound device?
    Eh my bad wont work. Its under preferences but its only for when you want the voice chat to play back through your speakers or headphones. *facepalm*

lol bummer.. well i'd just plug it in the back with a simple adapter, but u can only use either hdmi or the av plug.. because the av plug is so damn big..

anyone have any suggestions??

https://www.prophecy.co.za/microsoft...e-p-65085.html

The other thing you need is a stereo female RCA to mini-plug adapter, for connecting the audio out on your Xbox 360 to your computer speakers.

If you have computer speakers with support for ToS Link you can use that for audio instead.

Then you will need one of these. Your screen has a vga port right?

Last edited by larch; 16-03-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Oh yeah that setup will do the trick.. pity the cable have to be ordered.. nothing worse than buying a console and not being able to play it immediately.. sigh..

thanks alot