Page 1 of 162 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Books

MyGaming Comp Authoritah sycogrim's Avatar

Default Comic Books

Hey pp

Just thought I would start a new thread based on comic books the books which are still going even way after our great grandparents have passed lol... I thought i would start by saying that one comic that I really enjoy is The Last Man - you know the guy with the monkey obviously being the last guy on earth i mean how awesome is that comic book series
    All it takes is ONE BAD DAY tO ReDuCe the SaNesT Man Alive To LuNaCy. That's How Far The World Is From Where I am. JUST ONE BAD DAY

Blog Entries . YouTube Channel and Playlists

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox
    I'm gonna tolerate and love...........THE SHIT OUTTA YOU
    Shadowfox's response to me in my failed attempts to annoy him

I actually haven't read comics in a long, long time. I used to follow Spiderman pretty closely though :P
    If I find a decent comic store I'll get into it again, but so long I have been reading some online Mangas. They don't count though, they're too...Japanese.

I don't get much time to read anything that is 'offline' atm.
    What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.

I read Asterix all the time, just brilliant. Was a fan of spider-man and x-men but they seem to be going downhill. Now it's mostly manga with a bit of Archie thrown in now and again.

Do they still publish Archie comics or is it mostly old stuff you are reading?
    And Asterix, you book it out of the Library or actually bought it?

I thought both of these have been retired a long time ago.

Na you'll still find them around. I bought Asterix, you'll also find all of them in Exclusive Books. Not so sure on Archie but I'm always trading mine with a couple friends.

I never really read comics. One or two here but as a child I was way more into books.

But I absolutely love the deadpool comics. Downloaded the entire series for myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvos View Post
    I actually haven't read comics in a long, long time. I used to follow Spiderman pretty closely though :P
    If I find a decent comic store I'll get into it again, but so long I have been reading some online Mangas. They don't count though, they're too...Japanese.
    Well theres outer limits? Thats probably the best comics store in the country, and their hq is in melville i think(not sure), so it would be perfect for u
    Fear is what keeps us here

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_One View Post
    I read Asterix all the time, just brilliant. Was a fan of spider-man and x-men but they seem to be going downhill. Now it's mostly manga with a bit of Archie thrown in now and again.
    Funny you mention that, Asterix is the only comic range I actively followed.

My neighbour back then who was over 70 had each and every single Asterix comic that was printed and he had them all bound into 3 hardcover old dictionary type books. With the name imbedded in a goldlike finish on the front.

It was truly amazing. I borrowed them and read them time and again!

That's quite a collector's item. It is probably worth thousands of R's

I used to go and sit in the library and read them.