Thread: PS4 --- Multiplayer

Post PS4 --- Multiplayer

Hi Guys,

I use to play multiplayer games on PC, I now have a PS4 and would like to play FPS multiplayer(or any multiplayer).
    So my question is if I buy Battlefield4 for ps4 are there local servers ? Is there a solid community of ppl playing online? or should i rather get one of the call of noobies ?

What other multiplayer games have a solid RSA community (or local servers), and what are you guys playing online ?

Dont know about local servers but a bunch of us are playing Starwars Battlefront and its AWESOME!!!

I wouldn't be to stressed about local servers if i was you... What kind of line do you have?

Welcome to the forum by the way

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

As far as I can recall there are no local servers for Battlefield 4 on PS4, if any. The closest servers will be in the EU. I used to play Killzone Shadowfall when it launched, I had a 200ms ping which was very playable, I would always end up in the top 5 8/10 games.

I recall COD: BLOPS 3 having one dedicated server in Capetown For PS4/XBONE/PC.

Also remember you got to have PS+ sub to play online!
    Last edited by Glordit; 15-04-2016 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Dont know about local servers but a bunch of us are playing Starwars Battlefront and its AWESOME!!!

I wouldn't be to stressed about local servers if i was you... What kind of line do you have?

Welcome to the forum by the way
    Yea I'm not to stressed about local servers, more players if that makes sense. Well I recently moved and the dsl is crap here, i'm paying for a 4mb line but max I get is 2mb.(if i move the line down to 2mb, I get 0.8mb) I am however lobbying to get Fiber installed in the estate, so hopefully not to long wait for better connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    As far as I can recall there are no local servers for Battlefield 4 on PS4, if any. The closest servers will be in the EU. I used to play Killzone Shadowfall when it launched, I had a 200ms ping which was very playable, I would always end up in the top 5 8/10 games.

I recall COD: BLOPS 3 having one dedicated server in Capetown For PS4/XBONE/PC.

Also remember you got to have PS+ sub to play online!
    I don't mind paying for the PS+ to play multiplayer. as long as it is worth it, considering that the free games are not to my liking lately. Do most ps4 owners just not play online ?

Quote Originally Posted by luna View Post
    I don't mind paying for the PS+ to play multiplayer. as long as it is worth it, considering that the free games are not to my liking lately. Do most ps4 owners just not play online ?
    I can't speak for the majority, but when ever I have PS+ I play online.

As [MENTION=13244]Tom[/MENTION] said, quite a few of us play Battlefront, and for overseas based servers, I get remarkebly little to no lag on my 2mb line. Not sure about Battlefield 4, think [MENTION=23109]Cappie[/MENTION] used to play that. Quite a few members on here that play The Division as well.

I play The Division on PS4 and I'm using LTE. Have no issues tbh

Ok, Thanks for the feedback guys !