Thread: In-Game Text, Books & Other (Lore)

Post In-Game Text, Books & Other (Lore)

G'day Gamers, so here's something interesting that I thought I might ask...

When you come across books or other types of reading material, do you read them? Or do you simply collect and move on?

I (in the past), never really used to pay them much mind, as I'm not fond of reading all that much.

I watched Markiplier's playthrough of The Evil Within, and through it he had read a lot of the narrative of the game, through notes and such he'd found in the world. Seeing this, I'd begun to realise that perhaps not reading these things can effectively just leave you in the dark; they're insightful bits of info which can actually be useful throught the game, and give you more perspective of the narrative and the world.

As such - I've actually begun to read (maybe not all and everything) these things, sometimes they're informative and even funny... Depending on what game you're playing.

Let us know; comment below.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
    G'day Gamers, so here's something interesting that I thought I might ask...

When you come across books or other types of reading material, do you read them? Or do you simply collect and move on?

I (in the past), never really used to pay them much mind, as I'm not fond of reading all that much.

I watched Markiplier's playthrough of The Evil Within, and through it he had read a lot of the narrative of the game, through notes and such he'd found in the world. Seeing this, I'd begun to realise that perhaps not reading these things can effectively just leave you in the dark; they're insightful bits of info which can actually be useful throught the game, and give you more perspective of the narrative and the world.

As such - I've actually begun to read (maybe not all and everything) these things, sometimes they're informative and even funny... Depending on what game you're playing.

Let us know; comment below.

Name:  index a.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  11.1 KB

I love reading all the books and things. In Skyrim it was one of the highlights.

pfft... you do realise I'm a complete Dark Souls nut fan, right?!

Depends on the game and lore involved. I used to read every bit of lore i came across in WAR. The rest i would just glance over.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    pfft... you do realise I'm a complete Dark Souls nut fan, right?!
    Not sure how to understand this, but, given the lack almost any narrative and lore, I'd say, all goes unread, like your MyGaming Inbox :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
    Not sure how to understand this, but, given the lack almost any narrative and lore, I'd say, all goes unread, like your MyGaming Inbox :P
    On the contrary, Dark Souls is renowned for being very cryptic in it's "story" or it's apparent lore. In order to make sense of it you need to read every little item description, engraving, take note of environment and world details. Go online and read more, get others opinions and discussion groups. The game (and series) are heavily lore inspired and even then it's still open to interpretation.