Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Thread: [MyGame] Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Hehe you've got a long way to go! You can do it!

I had some fun with jolly cooperation this morning when a guy helped me with the Demon Centipede. We worked so well as a team. Then I made my way through Lost Izalith and finally had to take on the Bed of Chaos. It took me over an hour to kill that thing! It's crazy hard! When I finally made it I was so happy. Or actually I was so relieved! And now I have all the Lord Souls!

Attachment 21151
    So now you're ahead of me. I still have to kill the Bed of Chaos. I've tied quite a few times, most of them from falling.

I haven't even figured out a tactic yet. The run from the Bonfire to the boss is also quite a distance which is annoying me the most. If I could fight the boss over and over it would be okay, but each time having to run 5mins to reach him sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    So now you're ahead of me. I still have to kill the Bed of Chaos. I've tied quite a few times, most of them from falling.

I haven't even figured out a tactic yet. The run from the Bonfire to the boss is also quite a distance which is annoying me the most. If I could fight the boss over and over it would be okay, but each time having to run 5mins to reach him sucks.
    That fight sucks so much. I also died from falling mostly then running back and doing it again. There's probably way better tactics but this is how I got it done. If you run towards the right and take out that orb thing then when you die and come back it will stay destroyed. Then I ran shield up for that second orb thing. It's there where I died the most. If you can make it to the orb thing then you've done it. Once both orbs are gone the challenge is to run onto a platform in the middle right and then run straight and kill the bug at the end of the tunnel.

It took lots and I mean LOTS of attempts to get this right for me. Especially that second orb.

Also there's a hidden bonfire in the lava section with the um half dinosaurs. It's in one of the little buildings. If you hit a wall then you can get to it. From there it's quite a short run. I just kept running past everything on the way to the Bed of Chaos.

That fight sucks so much. I also died from falling mostly then running back and doing it again. There's probably way better tactics but this is how I got it done. If you run towards the right and take out that orb thing then when you die and come back it will stay destroyed. Then I ran shield up for that second orb thing. It's there where I died the most. If you can make it to the orb thing then you've done it. Once both orbs are gone the challenge is to run onto a platform in the middle right and then run straight and kill the bug at the end of the tunnel.

It took lots and I mean LOTS of attempts to get this right for me. Especially that second orb.

Also there's a hidden bonfire in the lava section with the um half dinosaurs. It's in one of the little buildings. If you hit a wall then you can get to it. From there it's quite a short run. I just kept running past everything on the way to the Bed of Chaos.
    I killed it earlier. I was pretty sure I knew what to do from early on, but getting it done was the trick. I destroyed the first orb and died when going for the second. On my second attempt I accidentally jumped to my death because the bricks fell away beneath me after I had started my jump. 3rd attempt he hit me into one of the holes and I died. 4th attempt I got to the 2nd orb and destroyed it and then died.

Then I died multiple times trying to get to the centre part, mostly as I just jumped down to the log he would swipe and I'd miss my jump. Eventually I got it though and from there it is a piece of cake. Such an annoying boss.

I'm now going to do the DLC as it is the final zone left before I finish the game. I already killed the first boss in Oolacile.

Edit: Yeah I did have that bonfire, I decided to use that for my last few runs instead of a earlier one I had already kindled.

I'm glad you came right [MENTION=6280]Blazzok[/MENTION]. Enjoy the DLC! Unfortunately I can't get it on the XBox. I can however say that I finished Dark Souls!

Name:  xZ2sEbd.gif
Views: 55
Size:  2.12 MB

That last fight is so insanely hard. I tried over and over again and each time I looked for someone to summon to help me and found no one. Then boom a summon sign! Summoned the guy, we bowed, ran towards the boss and he fell to his death before we even reached the boss!

So I run back summon him again and that last battle was majestic. We kicked ass!

Then the poor guy asked me if I can help him now and unfortunately after the credits you are taken to a new game so I couldn't help him. I hope he finds someone that can!

But yay! I did it! And now I can't wait to play Dark Souls 2! But I will wait a bit before I do that.

I'm glad you came right [MENTION=6280]Blazzok[/MENTION]. Enjoy the DLC! Unfortunately I can't get it on the XBox. I can however say that I finished Dark Souls!

That last fight is so insanely hard. I tried over and over again and each time I looked for someone to summon to help me and found no one. Then boom a summon sign! Summoned the guy, we bowed, ran towards the boss and he fell to his death before we even reached the boss!

So I run back summon him again and that last battle was majestic. We kicked ass!

Then the poor guy asked me if I can help him now and unfortunately after the credits you are taken to a new game so I couldn't help him. I hope he finds someone that can!

But yay! I did it! And now I can't wait to play Dark Souls 2! But I will wait a bit before I do that.
    Congrats Soli! Glad you finished it, I'm looking forward to finishing it myself. No idea how long the DLC is though, but from what I understand Oolacile is quite big, so I'm not sure when I'll finish it.

Congrats ! I also finished it last week and damn the last boss was brutal. My build was very light so trying to block was pretty useless. So I stayed behind one of those pillars and waited for him to do the grab move, then I could attack. It did take a while but it was effective .

The game is starting to annoy me now in Oolacile. It is bugging out quite often, mostly at Bonfires. I'll "Leave" the bonfire, the menu disappears and my guy just keeps sitting. Nothing happens and I can't do anything. I have to Alt + F4 to quit the game.

At least I managed to kill Knight Artorias. I have also been invaded quite a few times now, much more so than previous. I lose all my fights :/
    I think the Ultra Greatswords are just too slow to hit other players. I'm going to carry an Enchanted Falchion with me for now, hopefully that helps. I'm just not familiar with the fast weapons at all and I tried it now on some mobs, the damage is so low compared to my greatsword. Guess I'll have to train with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    The game is starting to annoy me now in Oolacile. It is bugging out quite often, mostly at Bonfires. I'll "Leave" the bonfire, the menu disappears and my guy just keeps sitting. Nothing happens and I can't do anything. I have to Alt + F4 to quit the game.
    That's a 60FPS bug, iirc. Just hit backspace to switch back to 30FPS just before sitting at a bonfire. I got a few times too, quite frequently in the swamp below Blight Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    That's a 60FPS bug, iirc. Just hit backspace to switch back to 30FPS just before sitting at a bonfire. I got a few times too, quite frequently in the swamp below Blight Town.
    Aaah, thanks. I did go into the DSFix.ini the other day to enable 60fps, but I've been meaning to turn it off. I got a lot of screen tearing with it enabled. I just disabled it now.

In other news, I also finished Dark Souls! I killed Manus, Father of the Abyss on my first go. I then had some trouble figuring out how to even attack Kalameet, so I had to google it to see I had to speak to Gough. I then killed Kalameet on my second go.

Went down to the Kindle of the First Flame and killed Lord Gwyn on my first go. I never got to check what was behind the 2nd fog gate because I used the bonfire which ended the game. Guess it is time for some NG+