Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: [MyGame] Dark Souls

Cool [MyGame] Dark Souls

Dark Souls. The game that crushed the spirits of many gamers. Some people love it and have completed it multiple times. Chances are though that you are like me and have started the game only to give up at some stage. So other people complete Dark Souls 2 and then 3 and yet, you couldn't even make it through the first game.

That's about to change.

Name:  NOPE_SKELLIE.gif
Views: 228
Size:  611.1 KB

[MyGame] is a new MyGaming initiative where a group of gamers tackle a game in the same time period, post about their experiences and have a good time. [MENTION=297]FarligOpptreden[/MENTION] has more information here: (Go create a thread! )

Dark Souls is the perfect game to start this off because so few of us have completed it. And those who have, yearn for more.

It's available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/211420/
    XBox (360 and One): https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ZA/P...5-d8024e4d083a
    PS3: Only physical copies it looks like. If anyone know where to get these please let us know.

So how does this work?

We will decide on a time to start. Sometime in the near future. This will give people a chance to finish their current games but it can't be too far in the future because some people have already started playing. They can start again if they want to join us.

You can play any time you want from the starting date and play at your own pace. If you have 10 hours a day or 1 hour a week, you are welcome to join us. If you are an established MyGaming user or you register just to join us, it's all good. People can join up and play at the same time or play in the ungodly hours of the morning all alone. It doesn't matter.

Post about your experiences here. We will chat and laugh and since it's Dark Souls we will cry. But we will finish the game.

If you wish to participate please state what platform you will be playing on.

I will add more to this first post as the thread progresses.

Current Participants:

Solitude - XBox One
    BeoTeK - PC/PS3/One
    DuckKnuckle - PC
    Wlad - PC
    MalicE - PC
    DieGrootHammer - PC
    Talentloos - PS3
    Edelweiss - PC
    czc - PC
    MetalSoup - PC
    Blazzok - PC
    Deceptor - PC
    Murph - PC
    DarthMol - PC
    BaTouSai - PC
    Graal - PC

Start Date: Wednesday, 27 April. Anyone is welcome to join after that date! Even if it's a couple of weeks later!

Praise The Sun \[T]/ (shamelessly stolen from Beo)

ATTENTION PC PLAYERS!
    Please follow this link to get your pc version running correctly:
    http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dark_So...to_Die_Edition

Beginner Tips
    https://imgur.com/gallery/S5zZz
    Last edited by Solitude; 26-04-2016 at 06:15 AM.

I will try and partake in a plathrough but I am on hand should any assistance be needed. Post here, whatsapp me, call me....

Another thing and personally I feel it's a common error taken on by people new or starting the game. Don't come into it thinking it's a game about difficulties and death. This is not the case. The game is as difficult as you make it to be. Death is a part of the mechanics, don't get frustrated by it and instead learn from it. You never die from something the game did to you, but more because of an error in your ways (tactics). The game is challenging but fair. Adapt, learn and persevere. The game is very rewarding.

Praise The Sun \[T]/

DuckKnuckle - PC - any time - already completed

Like [MENTION=4071]BeoTeK[/MENTION], I'm here to help if anyone needs it.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk
    Drummer | Gamer | Audiophile | Beard

Also, let me just clarify.

I know some may think as me being top dog around here. I do not claim to be the best or even very good at the game. I love the games, their mechanics and especially their lore. I play the games because I love them. I have completed each game numerous times, I have read just about every little scrap of information. I have watched multiple play-throughs from multiple sources. To me it's all about the exploration, the story and the lore. Though I do know the areas (levels) intricately well, the shortcuts etc. (countless hours)

I just want people to experience the game, and with some hope have the same pleasure that I have drawn from such a splendid game.

I don't want to commit to playing through the game (again) just yet since I don't know what will happen with new games coming out etc., but another run of all the games might just be on the cards after I finish Dark Souls III (which should be today ). I'll be playing on PC, I have played through most of the game many times but I have only finished it once before. Some jolly coop might also be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    I don't want to commit to playing through the game (again) just yet since I don't know what will happen with new games coming out etc., but another run of all the games might just be on the cards after I finish Dark Souls III (which should be today ). I'll be playing on PC, I have played through most of the game many times but I have only finished it once before. Some jolly coop might also be a possibility.
    I'll still add you.

This is a very cool initiative, guys. I'll add Dark Souls to me Steam wishlist and get it on special, but sadly I'm a little swamped to play regularly now.

Regarding PS3 - according to the PlayStation Store it's disc only. No download option.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    This is a very cool initiative, guys. I'll add Dark Souls to me Steam wishlist and get it on special, but sadly I'm a little swamped to play regularly now.

Regarding PS3 - according to the PlayStation Store it's disc only. No download option.
    Thanks, that's disappointing about the PS3 version.

If you'd like I can buy you Dark Souls if you wish to participate, provided you can play a couple of hours a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    If you'd like I can buy you Dark Souls if you wish to participate, provided you can play a couple of hours a week.
    I appreciate that, but rather save it for someone who can commit
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

I too shall partake.

I have to start over though because when GFWL left it took my character with it