Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Offered a server PC - good for gaming?

  1. #1
    bradbear117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean
    Posts
    1,978

    Default Offered a server PC - good for gaming?

    I have been offered a seemingly good deal on a server PC:

    specs:

    Supermicro x8
    Intel xeon quad core
    16gb ram
    Has pci exapansion slot
    665w psu

    No HDD's though.
    I have a 680 gpu that I'd like to put in there if possible.

    Reckon it will make a good machine to game and edit on? I have done research and from what I can guess opinions are quite divided.

  2. #2

    Default

    Hey, if not why not. You should get some decent results.

  3. #3

    Default

    It will be just fine

  4. #4

    Default

    Yeah. Think it'll be a biatch to upgrade though. i.e. near impossible.
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag

  5. #5

    Default

    as long as you stick to a single GPU you should be rocking

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Yeah. Think it'll be a biatch to upgrade though. i.e. near impossible.
    Naa, server parts tend to be available much longer than desktop parts. You just end up paying buckets of cash for it though.

  7. #7
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradbear117 View Post
    I have been offered a seemingly good deal on a server PC:

    specs:

    Supermicro x8
    Intel xeon quad core
    16gb ram
    Has pci exapansion slot
    665w psu

    No HDD's though.
    I have a 680 gpu that I'd like to put in there if possible.

    Reckon it will make a good machine to game and edit on? I have done research and from what I can guess opinions are quite divided.
    What is a seemingly good deal he is offering you?

  8. #8
    bradbear117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flex View Post
    what is a seemingly good deal he is offering you?
    r3000.00

  9. #9

    Default

    Take it, that CPU alone can he sold for that price

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Take it, that CPU alone can he sold for that price
    What he said.

    Also, I agree completely.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for a good gaming monitor!
    By chirpcricket in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 17-02-2016, 07:20 PM
  2. Is axxess good enough for gaming
    By KyleVR101 in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13-09-2012, 01:55 PM
  3. Need a little help building a good gaming pc
    By BlackFang in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-07-2012, 02:06 AM
  4. Good Gaming Computer?
    By addam in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 09:49 PM
  5. What is a good server finder for games
    By Tsar in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 10:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •