Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Battlefield 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Also looking at the gameplay, it was rather easy for ground troops to use the anti-tank hand grenades and take out a tank with no troubles. Good to see all that. I'll have to do some research of my own, as I really didn't know all those different type of weapons were available during WW1. Rather fascinating if it's all true.

Another thing I was excited to see was the bayonet charge ability. That looked like utter madness, and probably one of the first things I'm trying out the moment I get my hands on the game.
    Doesn't look like we have a counter melee attack so hopefully no countering my shovel to the back of some sniper dome. The bayonet charge reminds me of the sledge hammer in BFH with a long windup time, I can see it being handy in CQB and you just charge the enemy down rather than reload. Some of those weapons are crazy but they all authentic although I suspect some didn't last long and were replaced with better counterparts rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gforced View Post
    Doesn't look like we have a counter melee attack so hopefully no countering my shovel to the back of some sniper dome. The bayonet charge reminds me of the sledge hammer in BFH with a long windup time, I can see it being handy in CQB and you just charge the enemy down rather than reload. Some of those weapons are crazy but they all authentic although I suspect some didn't last long and were replaced with better counterparts rather quickly.
    A quick Google searched and I found the Wiki page on the list of the various weapons, and I am amazed at the variety of weapons and the different types. Looks like the game is in fact true to history. I need to read up more on the history of the war.

This poses a thought: Games like Call of Duty and Medal Of Honour told many stories about WW2, many stories that were accurate according to historic events. I hope that BF1 has a single player campaign capable of telling the same level of detailed story and actually "teach" people about some of the events of WW1.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    I hope that BF1 has a single player campaign capable of telling the same level of detailed story and actually "teach" people about some of the events of WW1.

Red Baron and Lawrence of Arabia seem to be featured as potential DLC? There's been no talk that I have seen of heroes in the game Battlefront style but both are rumoured to be in the game, I haven't heard about a single player campaign, but one would assume that would probably feature some sort of historical narrative, following certain individuals or campaigns in the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Gforced View Post
    Red Baron and Lawrence of Arabia seem to be featured as potential DLC? There's been no talk that I have seen of heroes in the game Battlefront style but both are rumoured to be in the game, I haven't heard about a single player campaign, but one would assume that would probably feature some sort of historical narrative, following certain individuals or campaigns in the war.

That is the supposed Singleplayer Campaign trailer, so it seems it will definitely have it.

does the deluxe edition include a season pass of sorts?

Quote Originally Posted by riyosatar View Post
    Doesn't look like it. It mainly includes early access stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptor View Post
    Doesn't look like it. It mainly includes early access stuff.
    Ah well, I guess it's still better than infinite warfare :')

Closer to the release you'll probably find they'll do a BF1 Deluxe Premium which will include all DLC

[MENTION=6606]Gforced[/MENTION] Yeah I think I'll hold out on pre ordering until closer to the time of they release this edition, also gives me more time to save haha
    Last edited by riyosatar; 13-06-2016 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Inclusion of username

[MENTION=6606]Gforced[/MENTION] Yeah I think I'll hold out on pre ordering until closer to the time of they release this edition, also gives me more time to save haha
    Yup! got to save them dollars, gots to get me a Nvidia 10 series so BF1 plays nice.