Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [MyGame] Game 2 - The Sequel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Cool [MyGame] Game 2 - The Sequel

Welcome fellow MyGamers!

The first [MyGame] isn't that far off from drawing to a close. We weren't that many people who participated but it was fun. Well it was Dark Souls so it was fun for some! The first [MyGame] can be found here.

What is [MyGame]? It's an initiative where a group of gamers tackle a game in the same time period, post about their experiences and have a good time. The first game was perfect because a lot of people didn't finish Dark Souls, wanted to play it or wanted to play it again. It was also difficult so not a lot of people made it to the end. Also if all goes well @Jan may be giving awards to those who participated and finished.

This thread is for the second [MyGame] and will eventually feature a poll to pick the game. The question is: Which game? It should ideally be something where at least 5 us will want to play it. Also something that many of us own, be willing to buy, or something that's free or cheap. Ideally something that's multi-platform but that shouldn't be too much of an issue since most people played Dark Souls on the PC in any case.

Any ideas? There's always Dark Souls 2 but I don't know if we'll get enough people to sign up for that. I've been thinking that Terraria is maybe a good option because it recently received an update with new content. Plus people can play together if they want. I'm always keen for Silent Hill 2. It's impossible to buy now so it will have to be played with a ROM and an emulator most likely. There are so many choices! What do you guys suggest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Factorio!

We have a multiplayer game running at the office where people just jump in when they have a couple of minutes free. The game is crazy addictive
    Last edited by Apollo; 02-06-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Okay, so from my Steam Library I have the following suggestions:

Alan Wake
    Just Cause 2
    Kerbal Space Program (I know I'm probably the only one)
    Max Payne 3
    Metro 2033 of Last Light
    Spec Ops The Line
    Terraria
    Titan Quest
    XCOM Enemy Unknown

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.) MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Mussolini Award -

Quick question/suggestion...

As I understand it, Dark Souls is a fairly linear game, with a definitive end. Does Terraria have an ending... a story you can play through?

If not I reckon you would have to set some kind of goal for people to reach to decide whether they have successfully completed the MyGame challenge.

I'll look through my library and wish list a bit later and hopefully come back with a few suggestions of my own.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Quick question/suggestion...

As I understand it, Dark Souls is a fairly linear game, with a definitive end. Does Terraria have an ending... a story you can play through?

If not I reckon you would have to set some kind of goal for people to reach to decide whether they have successfully completed the MyGame challenge.

I'll look through my library and wish list a bit later and hopefully come back with a few suggestions of my own.
    Good point! There are various bosses that can be killed. But if we do go with Terraria then we can decide on it. Even if it's a certain amount of time played or getting a difficult achievement that can only be reached by completing quite a bit of the game. (I have no idea whether it has something like that).

I'll also post a list of games tonight. Had some more ideas in the meanwhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Trophies Save the date

I think we should maybe hold off on Dark Souls 2 for this month, just to give people a bit of a break and some variety. It's definitely one we should get to, though. Unfortunately I got a bit busy with exams and had to pick between Dark Souls or playing new releases that I preordered, so I never got around to finishing DS.

Terraria sounds good. I haven't played in yonks and I've been looking for an excuse to check out the new content. It's also a great game to play in groups. Makes taking down the bosses much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Borderlands 1 or 2 - It's something that most people have. Takes a while to complete and can be played together.
    Fallout 2 - A classic! Plus it's cheap and according to many it's still the best in the franchise.
    The Binding of Isaac - People seem to love it. It's also cheap and not easy I believe.
    Risen - I haven't played it and it feels like I'm missing out on a classic. Plus most people should have gotten it in a bundle or as a giveaway by now.
    Dead Island - Was in a bundle recently plus the new version of the game was just released. So it's another one that may appeal to a lot of people.
    Nox (Free on Origin) - It's currently free! And a classic!
    Hero Siege - @Wyvern can tell us all about it. People love it and it's cheap.
    Dark Souls 2 - To follow on the current MyGame. Not sure how many entrants we'll get though.
    Silent Hill 2 - Will have to be played on an emulator for most people. One of the best games I ever played though and many people missed out on it! Plus not many people will be able to finish it.
    Terraria - New content and lots of bosses to fight. Plus people can play together if they want.
    Lords of the Fallen - Dark Souls worked, so maybe a Dark Souls rip off would too! Many of us got it with Games with Gold, bundles or with Incredible Connection's pricing mistake.
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - It looks like it can be fun and many people would have gotten this in a bundle too.
    Desktop Dungeons - South African! Crazy hard! Can be played in short bursts and is available for tablets and phones too I think. (Will have to make sure about that)
    Baldur's Gate 1 or 2 - The Enhanced editions are out there and it's legendary games. Also available on tablets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.) Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies Leaving a mark

TBOI is amazing but would probably fall under the same category as Terraria

I think the next game should also be an epic story driven experience. Co-op optional

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Okay, so from my Steam Library I have the following suggestions:

Alan Wake
    Just Cause 2
    Kerbal Space Program (I know I'm probably the only one)
    Max Payne 3
    Metro 2033 of Last Light
    Spec Ops The Line
    Terraria
    Titan Quest
    XCOM Enemy Unknown
    Hey, I also have KSP! I still need to figure out how to dock!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Borderlands 1 or 2 - It's something that most people have. Takes a while to complete and can be played together.
    Fallout 2 - A classic! Plus it's cheap and according to many it's still the best in the franchise.
    The Binding of Isaac - People seem to love it. It's also cheap and not easy I believe.
    Risen - I haven't played it and it feels like I'm missing out on a classic. Plus most people should have gotten it in a bundle or as a giveaway by now.
    Dead Island - Was in a bundle recently plus the new version of the game was just released. So it's another one that may appeal to a lot of people.
    Nox (Free on Origin) - It's currently free! And a classic!
    Hero Siege - @Wyvern can tell us all about it. People love it and it's cheap.
    Dark Souls 2 - To follow on the current MyGame. Not sure how many entrants we'll get though.
    Silent Hill 2 - Will have to be played on an emulator for most people. One of the best games I ever played though and many people missed out on it! Plus not many people will be able to finish it.
    Terraria - New content and lots of bosses to fight. Plus people can play together if they want.
    Lords of the Fallen - Dark Souls worked, so maybe a Dark Souls rip off would too! Many of us got it with Games with Gold, bundles or with Incredible Connection's pricing mistake.
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - It looks like it can be fun and many people would have gotten this in a bundle too.
    Desktop Dungeons - South African! Crazy hard! Can be played in short bursts and is available for tablets and phones too I think. (Will have to make sure about that)
    Baldur's Gate 1 or 2 - The Enhanced editions are out there and it's legendary games. Also available on tablets.
    Borderlands sounds like a great plan, even more so because of the drop-in/out co-opness!

Binding of Isaac is too freeform, I think. Also difficult as hell.

Hero Siege is fun, I'd be up for that.

Been meaning to install Terraria again recently, that sounds like fun. We can also have a MyGaming world, if someone is willing to host a server..

BG1 and 2.. I'd love to do this one with someone, MP or SP, but I think it's too hardcore pen and paper style RPG for most people.

I'll post with my games tonight or tomorrow, as free time permits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Trophies Save the date

Fallout 2 would be a great choice because it's amazing and everyone will have a different story to tell, but I suspect many people will be put off by the UI. It's a bit unintuitive to learn, especially if you didn't grow up in that era.