Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon GO update thread

Default Pokemon GO update thread

Thought why not, pokemon GO thread!

[UP TO DATE LINK]

so 0.37 is out...apparently they no longer support rooted/jailbroken devices. But its already worked around.

Just something I thought those still playing should be aware of

hows your hunt going for pokemon?

i finally got hold of a ghost pokemon
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenzdayz View Post
    hows your hunt going for pokemon?

i finally got hold of a ghost pokemon
    Much better now that I setup a pokemon tracking server that will let us know whats nearby

my gf also able to play and enjoy it again, so ja....we on a hunt for eevee's and vulpix's at the moment. Still have yet to ever come across one of the "bigger" ones though

So the halloween update (server side mostly) is happening, and there are gastly's all over the place.

But anyone else got an update notification for Pokemon GO today or yesterday...? I did, and I was able to update it via the Play Store.
    Which makes me think its now available in South Africa. Can anyone else confirm this?

Sucks that my gf can no longer play it as one or other update broke the root detection (she isnt rooted, but she has unlocked bootloader needed to restore data from old phone) and now she can't play as pokemon thinks shes rooted. I even tried re rooting the phone and doing the Magisk thing, nope

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    So the halloween update (server side mostly) is happening, and there are gastly's all over the place.

But anyone else got an update notification for Pokemon GO today or yesterday...? I did, and I was able to update it via the Play Store.
    Which makes me think its now available in South Africa. Can anyone else confirm this?

Sucks that my gf can no longer play it as one or other update broke the root detection (she isnt rooted, but she has unlocked bootloader needed to restore data from old phone) and now she can't play as pokemon thinks shes rooted. I even tried re rooting the phone and doing the Magisk thing, nope
    its been in SA for a while now.

there's a thread somewhere on how to fix that issue with pokemon, my hubby has the same issue with his huawai which isnt rooted either.

you will also see that you get 2 candy's now for every pokemon you give to the professor and get dbl the amount of candies for each pokemon you catch. oh and your buddy also have to do only like a third of the normal km to get a candy
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

there's a thread somewhere on how to fix that issue with pokemon, my hubby has the same issue with his huawai which isnt rooted either.

you will also see that you get 2 candy's now for every pokemon you give to the professor and get dbl the amount of candies for each pokemon you catch. oh and your buddy also have to do only like a third of the normal km to get a candy
    Yea I was just reading up on it now. 5th October it was launched in Africa...but there's no real indication anywhere apart from international sites that it happened. (i.e i had to go LOOK for it).

Which thread would that be. Is it using AutoMagisk? (tried). it literally just refuses to login with a failed to authenticate (her account works fine on my phone so its not been banned or anything).

And yip, double candy! which makes egg hatching insane candy farming now...altho my issue has always been a lack of stardust, not candy

Go catch some ghosts!

Yep, it's a quarter of the kms required. So if you are walking a Pikachu you only need to walk 250 metres for a candy.

I quite like the fact that certain Pokemon appear more frequently, but I do think they have overdone it quite a bit. I have caught about 20 Pokemon (ignored many others, not bothering with Haunters and Gengars, they just take up too many pokeballs and give the same amount of candies for evolves) and all of them except for a Bellsprout have been the Ghastly evolutions or cubones. It's a cool idea, but I would also like to be catching some of the other more normal pokemon with the increased candy drops.

This haloween event was a bust only got cubones and rattas the whole time got one hypno and it was 88cp. Then you see people with 20 haunters or 20 gastly just irretates me this game is so unbalanced atm. Me and my girl sit in the same spot same pokemon pops up mine is 124cp hers is 1677cp. How does that work and im 2 levels higher than her.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTaker View Post
    This haloween event was a bust only got cubones and rattas the whole time got one hypno and it was 88cp. Then you see people with 20 haunters or 20 gastly just irretates me this game is so unbalanced atm. Me and my girl sit in the same spot same pokemon pops up mine is 124cp hers is 1677cp. How does that work and im 2 levels higher than her.
    ja i have only had gastly's and cubones and all low level ones as well as the usual zubats. the hubby also seems to get more higher cp catches than i do
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.