Thread: Laptop Upgrade Pains

Default Laptop Upgrade Pains

New to the forum, so minimal roasting please..

I am stuck tyring to figure out what to upgrade to. My current machine is great, I just want more.
    Running an Alienware 17 wish some nice mods, 32gb ram, 256 ssd, 1tb hdd, gtx860m bla bla..

It took me a week to find a price and spec for the latest Alienware 17 with external graphics accelerator, Dell in 3 countries couldnt help, but the legends at Evetech sorted a price out in a day.

So my question is, from my current setup, to the R61k latest machine, how much difference in performance do you think I can expect?
    And would I be able to sell my current machine for at least around R30k? R37k new and 15-20k upgrades.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    New to the forum, so minimal roasting please..

I am stuck tyring to figure out what to upgrade to. My current machine is great, I just want more.
    Running an Alienware 17 wish some nice mods, 32gb ram, 256 ssd, 1tb hdd, gtx860m bla bla..

It took me a week to find a price and spec for the latest Alienware 17 with external graphics accelerator, Dell in 3 countries couldnt help, but the legends at Evetech sorted a price out in a day.

So my question is, from my current setup, to the R61k latest machine, how much difference in performance do you think I can expect?
    And would I be able to sell my current machine for at least around R30k? R37k new and 15-20k upgrades.

Thanks all.
    I can't help much but man I wish I had your problems

Ha ha, thanks man..

Buying an Alienware was a dream for many years, then eventually managed to justify the spend, now I just want all out madness...

Not sure if you have seen this?

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GT80S-6QF...#hero-overview

This machine is a beast, but I cannot justify over R100k for a laptop.. Some awesome features on it however I hope more gaming laptop manufacturers take on board.
    Duel SLI capability, normal keyboard style keys.. Very cool..
    Last edited by Smee; 01-07-2016 at 01:59 PM.