Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How soon fibre can overtake ADSL in South Africa

MyGaming Journalist

Default How soon fibre can overtake ADSL in South Africa

How soon fibre can overtake ADSL in South Africa

We find out how long it will be before Fibre overtakes ADSL in South Africa.

Ai guys. We really need to work on article titles here. The article never actually answers the question which is the entire title. A much better title would be "Is fibre actually popular among South Africans?" or something similar. This is quite clickbait-y, to be honest.
    "It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewere, would much rather you weren't doing." - Sir Terry Pratchett

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarthRiven View Post
    Ai guys. We really need to work on article titles here. The article never actually answers the question which is the entire title. A much better title would be "Is fibre actually popular among South Africans?" or something similar. This is quite clickbait-y, to be honest.
    I agree. It seems like they asked "How long will it take?" and the answer is "it's so awesome, everybody wants it".

Gee thanks, tell us something we don't know.

Feedback received.

"Is fibre actually popular among South Africans?" is not a particularly strong headline, and doesn't reflect the question we actually asked. Plus my boss doesn't like question marks in headlines.

There probably is a good headline out there that might fit the article better - I just couldn't think of it in time. These things are trickier than you may think.

Thank you for reading and taking the time to offer constructive feedback. We do appreciate it.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Feedback received.

"Is fibre actually popular among South Africans?" is not a particularly strong headline, and doesn't reflect the question we actually asked. Plus my boss doesn't like question marks in headlines.

There probably is a good headline out there that might fit the article better - I just couldn't think of it in time. These things are trickier than you may think.

Thank you for reading and taking the time to offer constructive feedback. We do appreciate it.
    Suggested headline: ISP's dodge question about FTTH's future

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    Suggested headline: ISP's dodge question about FTTH's future
    Hehe, to be fair I think they are answering as best they can.

The short answer to the question is: "Fibre is going to overtake ADSL. How soon depends on how fast everyone can roll out fibre infrastructure. We have no idea how long it will take for all fibre networks together to rival Telkom's DSL network."

Headline idea: Fibre will kill ADSL in South Africa - we just don't know when
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Hehe, to be fair I think they are answering as best they can.

The short answer to the question is: "Fibre is going to overtake ADSL. How soon depends on how fast everyone can roll out fibre infrastructure. We have no idea how long it will take for all fibre networks together to rival Telkom's DSL network."

Headline idea: Fibre will kill ADSL in South Africa - we just don't know when
    Maybe it will help if all the ISP's don't focus on the same few areas? That's always the impression I get from FTTH articles. New ISP offers FTTH deals... Services all the areas that are already covered by other ISP's

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    Maybe it will help if all the ISP's don't focus on the same few areas? That's always the impression I get from FTTH articles. New ISP offers FTTH deals... Services all the areas that are already covered by other ISP's
    Yeah... we're hearing about roads being dug up all around Gauteng, so hopefully we'll hear about some new switch-ons soon.

[MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION] can you maybe do an artikal with the isp's on what area are they doing next and what area they see being done in next 6 months to year. or in next 2 years.
    And what we as the general public can do to get our area on those lists.

this kind info i expected when reading the artikal.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasley View Post
    [MENTION=289]Jan[/MENTION] can you maybe do an artikal with the isp's on what area are they doing next and what area they see being done in next 6 months to year. or in next 2 years.
    And what we as the general public can do to get our area on those lists.

this kind info i expected when reading the artikal.
    Something like that would be amazing.