Thread: The best boardgames of 2016

Default The best boardgames of 2016

The best boardgames of 2016

These are the best boardgames of 2016.

Interesting to see this topic here, i noticed in the Netherlands where i am, these sort of the games are pretty big. The shops are all over the place too. Looks like i am going to build up a collection here as it actually seems quite normal to start playing a card/board game in a pub here...something i didn't see in SA beyond the university.

It's nice to see another boardgaming article thanks [MENTION=23338]RyanBrothwell[/MENTION]!

I haven't played most of the games on the list but TIME stories has intrigued me since it was released, I'm going to have to get my hands on it. A friend of mine has Blood Rage and raves about it. I've just been playing too much Cosmic Encounter and Eldritch Horror :P

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post
    It's nice to see another boardgaming article thanks [MENTION=23338]RyanBrothwell[/MENTION]!

I haven't played most of the games on the list but TIME stories has intrigued me since it was released, I'm going to have to get my hands on it. A friend of mine has Blood Rage and raves about it. I've just been playing too much Cosmic Encounter and Eldritch Horror :P
    You are very welcome. I'm still "stuck" playing Munchkin and its ten thousand expansions but am very excited to try out Eldritch Horror.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBrothwell View Post
    You are very welcome. I'm still "stuck" playing Munchkin and its ten thousand expansions but am very excited to try out Eldritch Horror.
    If you are fan of anything Lovecraftian, you really have to try it out. The flavour is captured beautifully. I have played a bit of Munchkin and I really enjoyed it too. I haven't tried it in a while though.

If your location description of "Edenvale" is accurate, you should try out the Timeless Board Games boardgame parties that are held monthly in Bedfordview. They have around 100 board games to choose from and you can join any group. It's a lot of fun I've heard. Here's a link:
    http://www.timelessboardgames.co.za/board-game-party/