Thread: The 5 worst types of Gamers

MyGaming Journalist

Default The 5 worst types of Gamers

The 5 worst types of Gamers

Some gamers just don't get it.

Aren't you describing a newbie instead of a n00b?

So what would be the 5 best types of gamers?

My number 1 worst type of gamer is the gamer with an unreasonable sense of entitlement. They believe they deserve every feature and every extra of every game. If they don't get exactly what they want, or as they see it "deserve" or are entitled to, then all hell breaks loose. If a game changes its design slightly they will consider suing; if a game drops a multiplayer mode they vow to never buy a game from that publisher again etc. etc bla bla.

My number 2 worst gamer is the fanboi. No, supporting your platform does not make you a fanboi, it makes you a fan. Degrading someone else's choice of platform just because they chose a different one to yours, and then finding every inane reason known to man why yours is better and their's suxorz, make you a fanboi. And I hate you. You don't deserve to be a gamer.

I don't get why Valve doesn't just take Blizzard's approach to cheaters.
    That "LIFETIME BAN" hammer is enough to discourage most people.

And with Valve, losing all my Steam games and never able to be on Steam again should be enough of a threat?

I can honestly say, in all the Overwatch games we've played, nobody in my circle has even met a cheater. Blizzard is doing something right
    Bandwidth: Something more precious than gold in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by foozball3000 View Post
    I don't get why Valve doesn't just take Blizzard's approach to cheaters.
    That "LIFETIME BAN" hammer is enough to discourage most people.

And with Valve, losing all my Steam games and never able to be on Steam again should be enough of a threat?

I can honestly say, in all the Overwatch games we've played, nobody in my circle has even met a cheater. Blizzard is doing something right
    VAC bans are just applied to your VAC enabled games (and only then to the multiplayer portion) and their associated inventory. So your entire ACCOUNT doesn't get banned. I think something really more serious has to occur for them to disable your entire account.

I could be wrong, but thats how I understand it.

EDIT: OH WOW my bad. I read it the other way around...I'm sorry.

Yes I agree, that would work (leaving top bit unedited coz rearrarnging an entire post is ridiculous. I don't mind there being proof I'm an idiot )

Quote Originally Posted by oltman View Post
    ... Degrading someone else's choice of platform just because they chose a different one to yours, and then finding every inane reason known to man why yours is better and their's suxorz, make you a fanboi. And I hate you. You don't deserve to be a gamer.
    That's hating a lot of people, lol

also

Last edited by Cronus086; 19-08-2016 at 02:11 PM. Reason: PC MASTER RACE

Quote Originally Posted by oltman View Post
    My number 1 worst type of gamer is the gamer with an unreasonable sense of entitlement. They believe they deserve every feature and every extra of every game. If they don't get exactly what they want, or as they see it "deserve" or are entitled to, then all hell breaks loose. If a game changes its design slightly they will consider suing; if a game drops a multiplayer mode they vow to never buy a game from that publisher again etc. etc bla bla.
    I'm just going to go out on a limb and assume this is about No Man's Sky again...