Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5 space exploration games to play instead of No Man's Sky

MyGaming Journalist

Default 5 space exploration games to play instead of No Man's Sky

5 space exploration games to play instead of No Man's Sky

If you were disappointed by No Man's Sky, here are some great alternatives.

If you were disappointed by No Man's Sky, you sure as hell won't be happy playing Elite.

MyGaming Journalist

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    If you were disappointed by No Man's Sky, you sure as hell won't be happy playing Elite.
    Does it still have the same problems it did at launch? (i.e. lack of content).

I recommend trying out Empyrion: Galactic Survival, although it's still in Alpha it has a ton of features and really cool mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie McKane View Post
    Does it still have the same problems it did at launch? (i.e. lack of content).

I recommend trying out Empyrion: Galactic Survival, although it's still in Alpha it has a ton of features and really cool mechanics
    Pretty much. Compared to NMS it has nothing. All the planets (the ones you can land on) are dead rocks and there are about 5 variations there. and I think 3 station types. The ships are pretty though. And I will say space combat in Elite is more satisfying.

I will definitely look at Empyrion once I'm "done" with NMS

MyGaming Journalist

Pretty much. Compared to NMS it has nothing. All the planets (the ones you can land on) are dead rocks and there are about 5 variations there. and I think 3 station types. The ships are pretty though. And I will say space combat in Elite is more satisfying.
    That's a shame, the combat looks quite action-packed but I would expect more from planetary landing and stations.

That's a shame, the combat looks quite action-packed but I would expect more from planetary landing and stations.
    in that aspect Elite is a "simulator" so after a while landing and taking off of planets can become a chore. that's if you even manage to land cause a lot of the planets are high gravity and if your engines aren't strong enough it will just slam you into the surface

I will definitely look at Empyrion once I'm "done" with NMS
    Don't quite agree with you here. Elite Dangerous was not billed as a game where planet exploration was a main feature. It is simply one of many features. In everything else it completely and utterly blows No Man's Sky out of the water.

Don't listen to that heathen, Elite Dangerous Horizons is amazing and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    Don't quite agree with you here. Elite Dangerous was not billed as a game where planet exploration was a main feature. It is simply one of many features. In everything else it completely and utterly blows No Man's Sky out of the water.
    Ironic cause Elite doesn't have any

look, you can't make a 1 on 1 comparison of Elite and NMS, because essentially they are two very different games. Elite is a sim and NMS is more arcade. BUT, content wise, purely based just on what you can do and see, NMS wins hands down.

And don't get me started on Elite's pricing model and micro-transactions

I have to butt in here, although you may chase me right back out again. Wait until December (hopefully) and play Star Citizen Alpha 3.0.