Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Savage Resurrection - Dedicated servers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Savage Resurrection - Dedicated servers?

As I'm sure most of you are unaware - a new remake of the old Savage game from S2 Games has been recently released. http://store.steampowered.com/app/366440/
    In the old days there was quite a thriving SA community around this game and looking at the reviews on steam and doing a bit of research it seems that this remake is up to scratch.

I'm wondering if its possible for us to get some dedicated servers hosted for the SA community and perhaps bring back the good ol' days and have some fun on a game at decent ping which isn't Dota2/CSGO/Battlefield.

The game is on special at the moment and will only set you back R165.

I honestly didn't even know about this game until today but I remember the old one being tons of fun!

Server Up

[ZA] Savage (CPT)

Can't guarantee it's 100% perfect yet, so let's test and see how it is.
    Last edited by Shirou; 24-08-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirou View Post
    Server Up

[ZA] Savage (CPT)

Can't guarantee it's 100% perfect yet, so let's test and see how it is.
    Just tested out your server and it's working. Sadly no one playing though. However perhaps for initial testing we could set it to AI Commanders? That way people can play the normal game for now and not have to worry about the RTS aspect while we wait for other players to join?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Just tested out your server and it's working. Sadly no one playing though. However perhaps for initial testing we could set it to AI Commanders? That way people can play the normal game for now and not have to worry about the RTS aspect while we wait for other players to join?
    Great! Will look into that, will see if i can find the setting or option to do AI Commanders.

Does anyone have the game to test and see if they can see and join the server? I don't have the game to test yet unfortunately.

[MENTION=1382]St3baS[/MENTION] Can you perhaps test please?
    Last edited by Shirou; 24-08-2016 at 06:55 PM.

Woaw this looks alot better from what I can remember if any of you have please give some feedback

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Almighty legit one.

Steam: TechThief Battle.net: TechThief#2664 Uplay: CrzCop Origin: TechThief

I just grabbed a copy, left it to download now while I am at work (3.4Gb FYI), and I will try it out when I get home tonight. If I like it and there's people actively playing it I'll keep it, if not then I will ask for a refund.

Also bought it last night, but no local players was on the SA servers to play with sadly, hope more people climb on board to play with.

Hi there everyone.

I bought Savage Resurrection a few days ago. The game is really fun to play, however, the ping to EU makes it very frustrating.

I've noticed that last night we had 3 local servers. Unfortunately, no players in them. The same thing happened with our SQUAD servers, the local community is so small, that waiting for more players to join is unlikely. You then fall back on the EU servers where there is a good population of players.

If we as a gaming community would like this game to succeed locally we will need to create a Steam Group with an organised time for players to get together on the local servers.

I really want this game to succeed in Southern Africa as it is very fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    Hi there everyone.

I bought Savage Resurrection a few days ago. The game is really fun to play, however, the ping to EU makes it very frustrating.

I've noticed that last night we had 3 local servers. Unfortunately, no players in them. The same thing happened with our SQUAD servers, the local community is so small, that waiting for more players to join is unlikely. You then fall back on the EU servers where there is a good population of players.

If we as a gaming community would like this game to succeed locally we will need to create a Steam Group with an organised time for players to get together on the local servers.

I really want this game to succeed in Southern Africa as it is very fun to play.
    I'm super amped to play and give this game a try but my internet line is down at the moment and has been for the past week!

Sorry I've been inactive as soon as my internet is back I will be ready to help with testing and trying to rally the community to play it