You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: No Man’s Sky review — an awe-inspiring journey

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    http://nomansskymods.com/ and http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/?

    75 Hours in and still loving it. Most important thing is you have to set your own goals. On one planet I might go hunting for ships, on the next planet I might look for tips to open a orb, on another I mine the crap out of the gold mountains or get those glowing balls and fight of sentinels. Sometimes I just like to sit at the space station and see what kind of ships comes in, what config they have and so on. Other times it's to see what a certain mod can do for the game.
    0
     

  2. #12
    Thread Killer MKII The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hardware Section
    Posts
    10,600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies Friend zone

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Still held your attention for close to 30 hours, so by my calculations R20p/h for entertainment is pretty good value.

    Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Nope, held my attention for around 10 hours (actual enjoyment and excitement), then I decided I'm gonna max my suit and get a max slot ship took about 10 hours. Messed around with mods after that and uninstalled.

    There are some amazing glimpses at an awesome game but that's it. None of the amazing pre launch footage we saw ever materializes and you end up with a rinse and repeat cycle that never rewards you with anything different or new.

    I'm glad there are people enjoying it. Good on you if you're having fun.

    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat
    0
     

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Nope, held my attention for around 10 hours (actual enjoyment and excitement), then I decided I'm gonna max my suit and get a max slot ship took about 10 hours. Messed around with mods after that and uninstalled.

    There are some amazing glimpses at an awesome game but that's it. None of the amazing pre launch footage we saw ever materializes and you end up with a rinse and repeat cycle that never rewards you with anything different or new.

    I'm glad there are people enjoying it. Good on you if you're having fun.

    is your issue with the dinosaur not being in the game or the animation of the creatures? Because there are some pretty big dinosaurs I have seen so far, on the animation side I can admit it can be a bit better, but it's not to bad.
    0
     

  4. #14
    Toxin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saa044 View Post
    is your issue with the dinosaur not being in the game or the animation of the creatures? Because there are some pretty big dinosaurs I have seen so far, on the animation side I can admit it can be a bit better, but it's not to bad.
    I can't speak for Joker but for me it was more about what was promised.....

    Like, in no particular order:

    * planetary physics
    * ship classes with meaningful differentiation
    * faction reputation with meaningful gameplay impact
    * homogenous resource availability
    * asteroid landings
    * space station and fleet destruction
    * large fleets
    * traveling freighters
    * large scale battles the player can join
    * in-atmosphere battles
    * NPCs outside trading posts and other docks
    * ringed planets
    * sand planets
    * flying between stars (as opposed to warping via the Galactic interface)
    * complex creature behaviour including environmental interaction
    * rivers
    * points of interest such as large structures and crashed freighters
    * hacking locked doors
    * radio chatter
    * interaction with other players

    I don't like being lied to......
    0
     

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxin View Post
    I can't speak for Joker but for me it was more about what was promised.....

    Like, in no particular order:

    * planetary physics
    * ship classes with meaningful differentiation
    * faction reputation with meaningful gameplay impact
    * homogenous resource availability
    * asteroid landings
    * space station and fleet destruction
    * large fleets
    * traveling freighters
    * large scale battles the player can join
    * in-atmosphere battles
    * NPCs outside trading posts and other docks
    * ringed planets
    * sand planets
    * flying between stars (as opposed to warping via the Galactic interface)
    * complex creature behaviour including environmental interaction
    * rivers
    * points of interest such as large structures and crashed freighters
    * hacking locked doors
    * radio chatter
    * interaction with other players

    I don't like being lied to......
    Ohh I see. I was not to aware of the promises made, I just saw the demo at about march the first time and followed the sites news section on when it will be released, I guess that is why I am enjoying the game right now.
    0
     

  6. #16
    Toxin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saa044 View Post
    Ohh I see. I was not to aware of the promises made, I just saw the demo at about march the first time and followed the sites news section on when it will be released, I guess that is why I am enjoying the game right now.
    I think you hit on why the community is so divided perfectly. Those that followed the game from it's reveal way back, those that scoured the internet for every tidbit of info, those that believed without question the hype and fanned the hype fire themselves felt..... let's say let down.

    Me, I'm a realist at heart so while I wanted to believe I took the wait and see approach. I'm glad I did but at the same time I wish it were different.

    There is a foundation of a truly great game here. And while I hope that Hello Games, through patches and updates, manage to get it to that hyped game everyone wanted.... if they don't I'm sure the modding community will take over.
    0
     

  7. #17
    Graal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Trophies Save the date

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Still held your attention for close to 30 hours, so by my calculations R20p/h for entertainment is pretty good value.
    I really abhor currency/h value propositions, because not only are they clumsy, but there are way too many factors to consider in determining a game's value. Using a R/h system you would expect all of us to be playing WoW because R150/pm for 100s of hours of gameplay is the best value for a paid game ever. Hell, why not F2P games too? R0/h of entertainment is incredibly good value for money.

    See why this is problematic? I definitely feel that at $60 I was overcharged for NMS. I would have felt a lot better about it if I paid $30.
    0
     

  8. #18
    Thread Killer MKII The Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hardware Section
    Posts
    10,600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies Friend zone

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saa044 View Post
    is your issue with the dinosaur not being in the game or the animation of the creatures? Because there are
    some pretty big dinosaurs I have seen so far, on the animation side I can admit it can be a bit better, but it's not to bad.
    Well look at the clip and then compare it to what we got, It is nothing and I mean nothing like the vid, from the landscape, detail level, amount of creatures, overall look of everything. What they delivered is a fucking disgrace.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxin View Post
    I can't speak for Joker but for me it was more about what was promised.....

    Like, in no particular order:

    * planetary physics
    * ship classes with meaningful differentiation
    * faction reputation with meaningful gameplay impact
    * homogenous resource availability
    * asteroid landings
    * space station and fleet destruction
    * large fleets
    * traveling freighters
    * large scale battles the player can join
    * in-atmosphere battles
    * NPCs outside trading posts and other docks
    * ringed planets
    * sand planets
    * flying between stars (as opposed to warping via the Galactic interface)
    * complex creature behaviour including environmental interaction
    * rivers
    * points of interest such as large structures and crashed freighters
    * hacking locked doors
    * radio chatter
    * interaction with other players

    I don't like being lied to......
    Oh no, they lied through their teeth. I'm honestly sick of their fans defending this shit.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat
    0
     

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Well look at the clip and then compare it to what we got, It is nothing and I mean nothing like the vid, from the landscape, detail level, amount of creatures, overall look of everything. What they delivered is a fucking disgrace.
    Well the landscape detail that I have come across look pretty sweet I must say, minus the rivers of course.

    Name:  20160821111757_1.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  505.1 KB

    Regarding the amount of creatures, that has also been fixed. http://nomansskymods.com/mods/more-creatures/



    Now I am not defending the game against you, I am just saying that there are some planets with very nice details on it, the detail level has also beed addressed with textures and mods from the modding community. A darker space mod has been added, re textured bases and space stations, low flying and being able to hover is now possible etc.... There is also a mod for dinosaurs and to make creatures bigger if you want that. The sites I use. http://nomansskymods.com/ and http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/?
    Last edited by saa044; 27-08-2016 at 04:02 PM.
    0
     

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxin View Post
    I think you hit on why the community is so divided perfectly. Those that followed the game from it's reveal way back, those that scoured the internet for every tidbit of info, those that believed without question the hype and fanned the hype fire themselves felt..... let's say let down.

    Me, I'm a realist at heart so while I wanted to believe I took the wait and see approach. I'm glad I did but at the same time I wish it were different.

    There is a foundation of a truly great game here. And while I hope that Hello Games, through patches and updates, manage to get it to that hyped game everyone wanted.... if they don't I'm sure the modding community will take over.
    Earlier this morning I saw a comment somewhere where the person mentioned that NMS will open up the code, game or something to the community so that they can add more things that they want in there. As I understand it HG also announced base building in the near future and some other stuff. I see NMS as a platform, a start of sorts that is going to expand a lot. My thinking is, if they could make just cause 2 and GTASA able to be played via multiplayer the same can be done with NMS, if the developers does not do it.
    0
     

Similar Threads

  1. No Man’s Sky players are hammering the game's servers
    By Jamie McKane in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2016, 08:39 AM
  2. Games Inspiring TV Shows?
    By Mouks in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-03-2014, 09:32 AM
  3. Fable: The Journey review (MyGaming)
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-12-2012, 10:26 AM
  4. Indie gem alert: Journey review and opinion roundup
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-03-2012, 12:49 AM
  5. Blue Mana Potions Back In Stock
    By MooDy in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 11:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •