Thread: Goodbye 9800GTX +, enter GTS 250

Default Goodbye 9800GTX +, enter GTS 250

Nvidia is up to its sneaky rebranding tactics again

Goodbye 9800GTX +, enter GTS 250

the two will even be able to work together in SLI

You know, how far will these bigshot vendors go to get us to open our wallets, only for rebranded last generation hardware, with a new sticker.

Hmmmm,well at least they aren't re branding it and the then selling it for more. It weird though, for some reason my perception of the GTS250 is that it is far worse than the 9800gtx+, even though they are the same.Just the fact that its a rebrand makes me not want it. I would take the 9800GTX+ over it anyday, as irrational as that is

Quote Originally Posted by goldendeath View Post
    Hmmmm,well at least they aren't re branding it and the then selling it for more. It weird though, for some reason my perception of the GTS250 is that it is far worse than the 9800gtx+, even though they are the same.Just the fact that its a rebrand makes me not want it. I would take the 9800GTX+ over it anyday, as irrational as that is
    Yip, a 9800GTX sound like... top of the 9000 series, and the GTX gives it the authority over all below it...

GTS250 sounds like a wanna be hippie groupie bastard child of the Geforce 256...
    Wait... what?

They just have no shame....
    What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.

I use Nvidia, but I don't quite agree with these tactics.