Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 7 budget 4K TVs you can buy in South Africa

  1. #1

    Default 7 budget 4K TVs you can buy in South Africa

    7 budget 4K TVs you can buy in South Africa

    Check out these budget UHD TVs available in South Africa right now.

  2. #2

    Default

    The link in Tapatalk redirects to the IP site 0.0.0.7, thought you should know [MENTION=23338]RyanBrothwell[/MENTION]

    Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    The link in Tapatalk redirects to the IP site 0.0.0.7, thought you should know [MENTION=23338]RyanBrothwell[/MENTION]

    Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Thanks, it shouldn't be doing that. Will speak to our back end guy first thing tomorrow.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanBrothwell View Post
    Thanks, it shouldn't be doing that. Will speak to our back end guy first thing tomorrow.
    No probs dude/dudette/dudebot/dudehamster

    So, question is now, with a price of R6999 for a 50 inch 4K TV, why would I consider something more expensive at almost twice the price, if all I'm going to do is connect a console to it with hopefully a Project Scorpio in the future? Is there going to be such a down side on quality of service or quality of picture that I, a person with no working knowledge or care on the difference of minute details in screen, would feel buyers remorse? I totally understand that there will be a quality disparity between the Sinotech and the Samsung screens, but would it be so big as to warrant paying R4k more?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    No probs dude/dudette/dudebot/dudehamster

    So, question is now, with a price of R6999 for a 50 inch 4K TV, why would I consider something more expensive at almost twice the price, if all I'm going to do is connect a console to it with hopefully a Project Scorpio in the future? Is there going to be such a down side on quality of service or quality of picture that I, a person with no working knowledge or care on the difference of minute details in screen, would feel buyers remorse? I totally understand that there will be a quality disparity between the Sinotech and the Samsung screens, but would it be so big as to warrant paying R4k more?
    I feel like you maybe answered your own question in that you're not necessarily the type of person who cares about the minute differences in visual quality. While more expensive doesn't always equate to "better", it's a safe bet that a R12,000 Samsung is more likely to be of a higher overall quality than a R7k Hisense.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanBrothwell View Post
    I feel like you maybe answered your own question in that you're not necessarily the type of person who cares about the minute differences in visual quality. While more expensive doesn't always equate to "better", it's a safe bet that a R12,000 Samsung is more likely to be of a higher overall quality than a R7k Hisense.
    Fair enough. I think I'm just left uneasy justifying the purchase of a cheaper TV set while there are issues like input lag, image processor speed, upscaling issues etc. that I keep on hearing when people talk about TV's. I think more research is needed on my part as to what these aspects actually mean in implementation and feel. For now though, I am still saving for a 4k set and would rather then save a bit longer and get a better quality set.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Fair enough. I think I'm just left uneasy justifying the purchase of a cheaper TV set while there are issues like input lag, image processor speed, upscaling issues etc. that I keep on hearing when people talk about TV's. I think more research is needed on my part as to what these aspects actually mean in implementation and feel. For now though, I am still saving for a 4k set and would rather then save a bit longer and get a better quality set.
    Yeah looking at a few reviews is a good way to go.

    I have also looked at UHD TV's, and my biggest issue with the cheaper ones are lower refresh rates which can lead to ghosting, which is very annoying and is especially noticeable when you watch sports.

Similar Threads

  1. 5 best-value budget SSDs for gaming in South Africa
    By Jamie McKane in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2016, 11:26 PM
  2. South Park: Stick of Truth stock shortage in South Africa
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 03:01 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25-01-2014, 08:51 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-01-2014, 01:59 PM
  5. Best budget TVs for gaming in South Africa
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25-01-2013, 03:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •