Thread: Wasteland 3

Default Wasteland 3

Well they are making a wasteland 3 Has multiplayer this time around.

Drawback its on fig

Explore a New Frozen Wasteland

You start the game as the sole survivor of Team November, a Ranger squad dispatched to the icy Colorado wastes. This is a land of buried secrets, lost technology, fearsome lunatics, and deadly factions. No one here has ever heard of the Desert Rangers. Your reputation is yours to build from scratch, and your choices may save this land or doom it. With a renewed focus on macro-reactivity, you’ll be picking between warring factions, deciding whether locations are destroyed or saved, and other far reaching decisions that have a marked impact on the shape of your world.
    Bring a Friend

For the first time in the history of the Wasteland franchise, you will be able to take a friend with you on your journey into the post-apocalyptic wastes! Wasteland 3 opens up the possibility to play through the campaign with a friend; both of you controlling your own squad of Rangers.

The core of Wasteland 3 will still be a rich single-player experience. If you play with a friend while both online together, you’ll be able to share many missions, and join up to hit key story beats, but you can also split up and cover more ground. Once a game is started, you can play Wasteland 3 while your friend is offline, and do a lot of missions without them. Be aware, however, that the actions you take while your friend is off-line are not without consequence!

By making the decision to include multiplayer early on in the process, we will be able to design a game that is true to the core principles of the Wasteland franchise and our studio. Wasteland 3 can be played as an offline, single-player game, and is built from the ground up with a focus on story and reactivity that makes no sacrifices to the multiplayer experience. At the same time, co-op players will enjoy working together to change Wasteland 3’s highly reactive world… or finding ways to destroy what their friend has worked to accomplish.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Awesome!

I like Fig. I've backed Consortium: The Tower on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    Drawback its on fig
    Is there something inherently wrong with Fig?

I am asking sincerely, I hadn't heard about them until yesterday.

mmm.... They are still working on Tides of Numenera which has been delayed by 2 years now, will only come out early next year. (Release was estimated for Dec 2014, yes, I know, they added lots of stuff not originally planned.)
    They also have The Bard's Tale 4 in development and now Wasteland 3?

I don't know how I feel about that. Must be appointing lots more ppl. I love inXile and their games flow thick in my blood, but they shouldn't put too much on their plate.

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post

Same here, have never heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualForce View Post
    mmm.... They are still working on Tides of Numenera which has been delayed by 2 years now, will only come out early next year. (Release was estimated for Dec 2014, yes, I know, they added lots of stuff not originally planned.)
    They also have The Bard's Tale 4 in development and now Wasteland 3?

I don't know how I feel about that. Must be appointing lots more ppl. I love inXile and their games flow thick in my blood, but they shouldn't put too much on their plate.

Same here, have never heard of them.
    There was some sort of conflic of intrest between Tim Schafer and double fine productions a while back. Also now I have to create another account on another website.

They seem to have so many pokers in the fire hopefully it won't bite us.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    There was some sort of conflic of intrest between Tim Schafer and double fine productions a while back. Also now I have to create another account on another website.

They seem to have so many pokers in the fire hopefully it won't bite us.
    Ah OK, thanks.

Though it looks cool. I'm not going to back Wasteland 3 until Torment comes out, I have been waiting for that for too long now. When it comes out, it will be two years late (assuming it comes out on their most recently set date).